Women with Endo and FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by WendyC, Aug 24, 2002.

1. WendyC

WendyC New Member

I just read recent posts on Endo and FM. My doctor treats mine with Lupron shots rather than surgery. He had to do a laperoscopy to establish a firm diagnosis, in order for the HMO to pay for shots. He says endo grows back. My first round of Lupron took care of my endo for 5 years. It grew back, I went on a 6 month schedule of shots and have been fine for the last two years. Why all these surgeries when Lupron is so effective? Wendy
  2. WendyC

WendyC New Member

I just read recent posts on Endo and FM. My doctor treats mine with Lupron shots rather than surgery. He had to do a laperoscopy to establish a firm diagnosis, in order for the HMO to pay for shots. He says endo grows back. My first round of Lupron took care of my endo for 5 years. It grew back, I went on a 6 month schedule of shots and have been fine for the last two years. Why all these surgeries when Lupron is so effective? Wendy
  3. TracyV

TracyV New Member

the surgery was easier to take than the side affects of the Lupron. Lupron makes your body menapausal, and you get all the menapause symtoms, just all of sudden. Mine is starting to come back now I had a baby 2 1/2 years ago and it went away with pregancy. If mine gets out of control I will have it lazered before taking the lupron again.
    Hugs,
    Tracy
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

I just had another (my3rd)laproscopy to remove endo growths.each time I've had this done-its bought me time so to speak.Usually a couple years~.I tried the lupron for 6 months after one of the surgerys and hated the menopausal symptoms!Headaches,hotflashes were my main complaints while taking it.This time,I had my surgery 2 days ago,My dr said she'll speak to me at my post-op appointment about trying the lupron again for 3 months.I'm not gonna do it~
    Do you realize that lupron is most useful in treating prostate cancer!that tells ya how strong this poison is!I read an article while I was on that years ago-and the Lupron has been referred to as the Kiss of death!I guess there are alot of women that claim ongoing medical problems caused by taking lupron injections~I would highly recommend researching first for updated material on the lupron drug.I'll check into it myself as its been awhile.
    take care and good luck.....wishing you endo free years!
    I know first hand-that DD sucks!!
    warm regards,
    Tracey
  5. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

I kept calling my dr last year because I bled the whole time I was on in it, except for a few days each month. When I tried to explain why I was confused how Lupron could still be helping me when the whole concept was to not have periods to give endo a "rest"...she ignored me. After 5 shots, I did not go back to her nor get the 6th shot. Even the pharmacist said I should call my dr cause it was not normal to bleed.

I was not tremendously bothered by the hot flashes, etc.; but rather dismayed when I saw lawsuits against Lupron co. b/c of alleged onset of fms after Lupron treatment. (I've just been dx'd with fms & cfids).

I stopped in Sept 01, been having problems again since Jan 02.

I think this is an example of how some things work great for some people, others don't--whether it's endo or fms/cfids; I do think it's important for us to keep sharing what does work for us--maybe someone else will benefit from your post.

Best wishes. Michele

[This Message was Edited on 08/24/2002]
  6. Ponygirl

Ponygirl New Member

For some unknown reason youve been on my mind. I do know the reason, I'm riding again, last weekend to the AQHA ride in eastern Wa. So, are you back to teaching? I sure do hope that this finds you well and HAPPY? My e-mail is flyinft@earthlink.net. Hope this reaches you as I feel a connection to you. We are both dont post much, as I hate to complain, but am always looking for the answers. Wishing you well, now where are you again? We < Alaska airlines start more eastcoastflying soon. > Cant wait for different layovers. Hope this does find you in good health and back to doing the things you love best. Cheers .
  7. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

i ended up with a complete hysterectomy in '99. I had already lost my left ovary to endo the year before. For me surgery was the best answer. My right ovary followed the same path my left did and kept growing cysts the size of New York and rupturng leaving me with infections and terrible pain and several hospitalizations.

They removed my uterus because I also had adenomyosis(enlagement and edema of the uterus) for me it was the best solution. I delt with it for 20 years, did the lupron, danazol, got pregnant which put into remission for a while, but after my second pregnancy it roared its ugly head with a vengence-bleed more than I did not and was always in pain-not worth it.

i would love to tell you a hx is the end all but I still have pain where my lesions are and they actually flare and hurt with my cycle even though everything is gone.

endo is a harsh disease, I wish you luck with the lupron for some it is the answer-it depends on the sevarity of the endo you have.

good luck

cathy