Women with Lupus or rashes

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by stjoesphgang, Aug 25, 2004.

1. stjoesphgang

stjoesphgang New Member

I have a pretty bad lupus (butterfly) rash on my face and am having trouble with my make-up covering the rash. Do any of you ladies have advice on a certain brand of make-up that may get the job done? Thanks for any help you can give me. Peace Be With You,
    stjoesphgang
  2. PaDutchman52

PaDutchman52 New Member

I don't have lupus but I do have rosacea which I thought there for a while that I had lupus because the rash is like a butterfly in shape. I use Cover Girl foundation and it does cover up the rash very well. The dermatologist said it looks very natural. I do have to apply a topical ointment for the rosacea since I am allergic to tetracycline. Try it and see if you like it, I hope it works out ok for you.

PaDutchman
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

I you want to look back on my post. One lady said that she used Almay Cover-Up stick ... it only and no foundation, and just put a little powder over it. I just bought some of it at Wal-Mart today!

Another said she used Revlon ColorStay foundation in the Beige tones. I'm going to try it next.

I try everything! The last makeup that I had been using worked pretty good, but it's just hard for me to get now. It was a cream foundation from Mary Kay. One of the girls that I used to work with sold it and I bought it from her. Now that I am retired, I can't find anybody who lives close to me who sells it, so I'm out looking to find something new!

I think the Mary Kay foundation was better at covering it up because it was a cream foundation that was in a compact that I put on with a sponge rather than a thinner liquid fundation that you put on with your fingertips. I really don't know!!

I haven't done any searches yet on this board, or on the lupus board, to see if there are any suggestions from older posts. I'm going to look for them, too!

If you happen to find something that works, please post and let us know!
  4. loopi

loopi New Member

Hi

I have a mild case and am interested in did you start with the butterfly rash?
  5. Tweety1Koot

Tweety1Koot New Member

dear stjoesphgang,
    i have has lupus for 5 yrs.at first the rash was just in
    the center of my face,then it started around the mouth and ears. what was the best make-up for me was nothing,i know that sounds crazy, but i tried to cover it up and it got worse.everyone is differnt,it's gard living with this,but i pray alot and my faith is strong,i just got out of the hospital for a bad flare-up,and this is relaxing to me just to have someone to help and to listen, i hope you find what you are looking for,if not i'll be glad to listen
    trust in your faith
    tweety1koot