Womens Day Article on Fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RainbowDawn, Jan 18, 2003.

1. RainbowDawn

RainbowDawn New Member

Hello,
    Has anyone read the Feb. issue of Woman's Day magazine, there's an article there about Fibromyalgia.
    Here's the URL to get there....http://www.womansday.com
    Take care....RainbowDawn
  2. selma

selma New Member

Ugh! Welcome to you and thank you for posting. It is important to see what is being printed.
    What a pretty name. RainbowDawn ! Love, Selma
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

I thought it was a good lengthy article!! I did'nt learn anything new....but i've had this FM for 10 years,so I've read it all before.But for newbies its a pretty good read!!And whenever you do see these diseases mentioned in a magazine,its usually a very small block,nothing that stands out.....This one stands out,its a few pages!!Good going Womans Day~Thanks for mentioning this RainbowDawn!
    Tracey
  4. RainbowDawn

RainbowDawn New Member

Tandy,
    Thank you, I posted it because it's important to know that this disease is getting in print. The more people that know about it the better, we have to sit up and be noticed by anyone that will lend an ear.
    Take care, RainbowDawn
  5. Bambi

Bambi New Member

I posted this last week I think. I
    felt the same way you did. I thought
    Winnie Yu? did a great job writing
    the story. Some of it IS old hat to us but for friends or relatives and
    DOCTORS who don't know anything about it, never heard of it, or just don't
    believe it's real it's a good thing.
    And the more exposure we get the better! I was especially happy to see that she mentioned the varying degrees of pain and disability we have and that it IS necessary for the severe pain to use pain killers. It might help out many who are going without the meds that might relieve their suffering! I also was floored to read that 10 million are diagnosed now..and then when you check their archives (online anyway)it said in an article they did in 1999 that there were 4 million diagnosed. That surely knocks out the theories that it's NOT a growing problem..with anything else it would probably be declared "to epidemic levels". I think because they know that eventually the news may be that we are suffering with a man made virus that came out of one of our labs, testing war biologicals. It may not be, but I've read a lot of theories and some testimonies that say it is exactly that and started
    MANY years ago. The fact that so many are so much worse this year (when war is pretty much a done deal) and more
    living near bases are getting it..it
    can make you wonder, but I won't go
    any further on that line of thinking.
    Fact is we don't know what causes it
    and for myself at least, I care MORE
    about getting a "cure" for it. Anyway
    kudos to you Rainbow Dawn for posting this again! Hugs, Bambi
  6. RainbowDawn

RainbowDawn New Member

Bambi,
    Thank you and I've learned something from reading your post.
    I'd never heard before that this could posibly be a man made disease....but you certainly have made a good point.
    I have however, read that Fibro is in epidemic proportions and the number's are getting higher each year.
    I have 2 daughter's and a grandaughter that have it as well as I. It's been mentioned to me more than once that it seems to run in families,is it because it may be contagious also, this is another theory I've heard of.
    I read as much as I can about this affliction and try to keep an optimistic attitude, patiently waiting for the researcher to find a cause, then hopefully a cure for us all.
    Take care, RainbowDawn
    " After the Dawn's rain, then comes the Rainbow ".