Women's Health Issues ..................

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JLH, May 13, 2007.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

In the Mother's Day "Dear Abby" column, there was a letter written about how to obtain a FREE kit about Women's Health.

Quantities are limited, so if you are interested in offer, do not delay -- order today!!!

Here's how:

* for the fastest service, order the health info kit online at: www.peublo.gsa.gov

* if you don't have online access, send your name and address to:

Health Information Kit
    Pueblo, CO 81009

* or, you can call toll-free at 888-878-3256, from 8 am to 8 pm, Eastern time, and ask for the Health Information Kit.

Dear Abby - Health Information Kit

Copy of letter to DEAR ABBY:

You have always encouraged your readers to stay informed and to be proactive in their healthcare. Because of that, I am writing on behalf of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration Office of Women’s Health and the Federal Citizen Information Center to tell you about our new Health Information Kit for women and their families.

May 13-19, National Women’s Health Week, is an effort by the Department of Health and Human Services and an alliance of organizations to raise awareness about manageable steps women can take to improve their health.

That’s why the FDA has created a Health Information Kit that includes more than a dozen free materials – helpful information that recognizes the needs of women, not only as consumers, but as family decision makers.

Thank you for getting this valuable consumer information out to your readers, but please tell them to place their orders for the FDA Health Information kit now – because supplies are limited.

Dear Abby's reply:

DEAR KATHLEEN: I’m delighted to spread the word. Readers, I have received the information the FDA is offering – free of charge, and that includes the cost of postage – and the kits are a gold mine of “handy-dandy” information on more than a dozen topics.

It features their new Medicine booklets, first-of-their-kind pamphlets with information about all products to treat depression, high blood pressure, cholesterol, and smoking cessation. It also includes tips on reducing the risk of heart disease (a leading killer of women), food safety, and much more.

All of the information has been compiled by the (U.S.) government at taxpayer expense, which is why it’s offered to you free. Quantities are limited, so if you are interested in this free offer, do not delay – order today!

A list of all the publications in this promotion follows the form. You may click on the individual titles to view the publication on-line.

[This Message was Edited on 05/14/2007]