Womens Heart Attack symptoms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by darude, Jan 30, 2006.

1. darude

darude New Member

Symptoms of Heart Disease — For Women
    Women may experience early symptoms of cardiovascular disease differently than men. The symptoms in women can be far subtler. If you or any woman you know shows these signs, seek medical attention right away.

Shortness of breath, often without chest pain of any kind
    Flu-like symptoms — specifically nausea, clamminess or cold sweats
    Unexplained fatigue, weakness or dizziness
    Pain in the chest, upper back, shoulders, neck, or jaw
    Feelings of anxiety, loss of appetite, discomfort
    If you even suspect these symptoms, call your doctor. If urgent, call 911 (or your local emergency number if outside the U.S.) or go to a local hospital's emergency room. If you have any doubts, talk to your healthcare provider.

2. shep

shep New Member

Thank you for posting this. I posted a similar one about 2-3 weeks ago.
    On a regular visit to my doctor I told her that since I had these symptoms all the time with my fibro, that I would like to have an EKG done just to satisify my nerves.
    She did and promptly scheduled me a stress test, which gave not good results and I am to have a heart cath soon. I go to see my heart specalist tomorrow 1/31 to have this scheduled.
    It would be wise for all of you ladies with fibro who have these symptoms all the times to have your heart checked if you have not done so in the last year. I think we go to the doctor so much with our pain and fatigue problems they forget to check the rest of our bodies.

Love and prayers,
    Shep
  3. darude

darude New Member

Glad to see people getting checked out
  4. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

I turned down the heart cath for now because I am so scared of doing it. I've had 2 stress tests one bad and one good. I don't smoke or drink so odds are it isn't serious .. but please let me know how it goes for you and what results were shown ?
    I hope everything goes well !
    Fudge
  5. kgangel

kgangel New Member

These are good to know darude, the only problem is I have the flu like symptoms with nausea from time to time, fatigue, weakness, dizziness, shoulder and upper back pain and I never know when these come on if it is something else or the FM.

It is scary.

Thanks for posting

hugs,

kgangel
  6. lease79

lease79 New Member

As you know I have most of these symptoms & they scare the dickens out of me :(
    All of my heart testing has come back normal thus far, but if I have an 'episode' I still ring the A&E immediately. I don't care if they're sick of me or not!
  7. sdown

sdown New Member

Doc has me on B12 and hawthorn for shortness of breath. She said the hawthorn will keep my heart healthy. I sent you an email. Did you receive it? We certainly have had an awesome winter here.
  8. darude

darude New Member

No I didn't receive! Try again would like to hear from you.
  9. rigby

rigby New Member

When I had my MI I was driving I had this uneasy feeling then my jaw started bothering me I thought my TMJ was acting up then I just started vomiting got to the house called 911 by that time I was just about pasted out. Had no idea it was MI my BP had went up the week before but I was feeling good that morning when I saw the doctor. Rigby
  10. Musica

Musica New Member

to see how subtle and common the symptoms can be! And whoever said it is right - the doctors sometimes can be too quick to assume that symptoms are related to conditions that can encompass so many of the same things. How can we watch out for our own health without seeming like a hypochondriac?
  11. sdown

sdown New Member

To Darude, I sent you another email today. Hope we can meet one day. Take care.
  12. JackieWWX2

JackieWWX2 New Member

I had a heart attack on March 13th. No history in my family. 41 years old, slightly over weight, smoke less than 8 cigs a day, cholesterol slightly elevated. I was on a drug called Diclofenac and I believe it caused my heart attack. 70% blockage. doctor said I would have died if I had not gotten to the hospital in time. Please don't ignore the signs because of our other illnmess. FIbroymalgia, CVID, RA and just messed up.