Won my Disabilty Case, In 3 days I'm Homeless

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dndoriginal, Dec 1, 2002.

1. dndoriginal

dndoriginal Guest

Hi Fibro Buddies,
    I finally won my disability case after two years of waiting and going further into debt. I have used up all the favors I can ask for 2 lifetimes! I need help figuring out how to buy a house FAST! Hud, Fannie Mae, HA, Section 8, ,Mortgage Lenders, Brokers Agents, and the list goes on and on. Does anyone out there have any thoughts?
    I have been divorced twice and never owned my own home. Now that I am single again and 40 years old, I need to know I will always have my santuary. My FM is getting worse and the stress is causing a terrible flare-up. Any comments or advice will greatly be appreciated! Where do I start?
    I'm REALLY Frightened!!!! HELP????
    Many WarmThanks,
    Deanna
    (almost homeless in Las Vegas)

PS I am getting a pretty decent settlement from SSA, SSI and I got full Medicare, anyday now. Can I speed that process up?[This Message was Edited on 12/02/2002]
  2. dndoriginal

dndoriginal Guest

Hi Fibro Buddies,
    I finally won my disability case after two years of waiting and going further into debt. I have used up all the favors I can ask for 2 lifetimes! I need help figuring out how to buy a house FAST! Hud, Fannie Mae, HA, Section 8, ,Mortgage Lenders, Brokers Agents, and the list goes on and on. Does anyone out there have any thoughts?
    I have been divorced twice and never owned my own home. Now that I am single again and 40 years old, I need to know I will always have my santuary. My FM is getting worse and the stress is causing a terrible flare-up. Any comments or advice will greatly be appreciated! Where do I start?
    I'm REALLY Frightened!!!! HELP????
    Many WarmThanks,
    Deanna
    (almost homeless in Las Vegas)

PS I am getting a pretty decent settlement from SSA, SSI and I got full Medicare, anyday now. Can I speed that process up?[This Message was Edited on 12/02/2002]
  3. phenom

phenom New Member

on getting your disability...! 2 years! woah! mine's in appeal (only applied about 3 months ago) and i'm already impatient!!!!!!!!

sorry no ideas on the home front - but keep trying.

phenom
  4. kadywill

kadywill New Member

the hard part!!! I am really happy for you; and a little envious!! lol. Take it step by step, you can do this!
    Love,
    Kady
  5. allhart

allhart New Member

hud has a web site do a search ans check out there programs there usally the ones who help disabled get housing,
    talk to a reality person about a lease option where you can move in and rent until your close part of your rent gose towards the purchuse, thats probley the fastest way to get in to a house.

kara
  6. teach6

teach6 New Member

I don't know how to pull this off in three days, but I do know that HUD has a program for people who have never owned a home. They require builders to build a certain amount of homes in new neighborhoods that are then sold to low income buyers.

Around here the homes are townhouses and they are smaller than the others in the neighborhood. You don't get to keep any equity you build while living there, which to me would be a major drawback.

I had a wonderful neighbor who was living in one of these homes and it was all she could afford. She had a low paying job and was divorced with two kids. Before this they lived in a two bedroom apartment, with her sharing a bedroom wih her daughter.

I would suggest that you find something temporary to tide you over until you receive your payment. That will allow you to fully look into the options. A good realtor may also be able to help you.

Good luck, and congratulations on winning your SS claim!

Barbara
  7. jesuslover

jesuslover New Member

All I can offer to you, Deanna, is prayers. I, too, have won my disability case, but I am fortunate enough to live at home with my Mother and our parakeet. Read the Psalms in your Bible and also read Mark 4:35-41. Put it in His hands, He'll help you.

Jesuslover (Nancy S.)
  8. sheri

sheri New Member

First of all, congrats. on getting your disability and I am sorry you had to wait 2 years (of stressing) to get it. As for buying a house, it takes a while, there is a tremendous amount of paperwork involved, no matter which method you choose, however, it will be worth it when you get your very own home! I am not sure whats available in your area meanwhile. I agree with one of the posts re; calling realtors and telling them your situation. Maybe they can refer you to someone about temporaty housing until you can buy your own home. I am also in full agreement with Jesuslover. I pray He will provide a place for you, take care, blessings, sheri