Wondering about a trach for sleep apena?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 1fibrowife, Oct 27, 2003.

1. 1fibrowife

1fibrowife New Member

Just read momskellygirl's reply about sleep apena. My hubby has severe obstructive sleep apena. He has a cpap that he has not been able to tolerate. The pulomnary doctor told him that if he can't wear the machine he will have to get a trach. Tell me about yours if you will. It sounds like a drastic measure but the doctor says it will cure sleep apena.
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Can't help, but wanted to give you a bump for others to see this post. It was on the second page.

The board is moving like crazy again, so if necessary, please give yourself a bump to keep your post up on the first page.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

I am replying to a very old message and I am not sure that you will get this, but I would suggest surgery for sleep apnea. The insurance should pay for it since he tried the CPAP and can no longer tolerate it. I had the surgery in 2005 and no longer snore. I still have my regular problems but at least i don't have to worry about sleep apnea anymore.

Good Luck.
  4. winsomme

winsomme New Member

i believe there are other options than a trach for sleep apnea.

i have a couple of friends that use the CPAP machine with success at the moment.

5. gapsych

gapsych New Member