Wondering if I could get some help...

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by another_painful_day, Feb 1, 2004.

1. another_painful_day

another_painful_day New Member

I pray. I have alot of faith in God. I dont think I pray enough.

I am guilty for not doing it everyday. Im also guilty of slacking off wiht the kids. I use to be so good with my oldest about bedtime prayers but when the second child came, it slowly began to decrease. Although thank God, my oldest still prayers on her own (10 1/2 yrs old), I never got the youngest to get in habit (6 1/2). Now I have two step-kids. A girl (11) and a boy (9). Id like to get ALL of them in habit.

How can I do this?

How do I get myself back in the habit of praying more?

I do find myself at my desk at work or even driving to work tlaking to god and praying. But I dont feel I am doing enough of it.

Id love advice.

Maybe it would help me with my depression, stress, anxieties, and the FMS since it sems to be getting worse lately.

Thanks for listening.

P.S> Ive missed church for three weeks now. Ive noticed the longer I miss church the worse my habit gets. Anyone else notice this? And I also notice the more I feel empty inside as well.
  2. blessings

blessings New Member

My husband and I have a time at night that we set aside before bedtime and bring before the Lord prayers for our family, church, country, friends,(and this site). But during the day,(and i also fail, many times) I like Debbie, find myself saying short prayers of whomever comes to mind.
    We do all fall short of the glory of God, and must rely upon His Holy spirit to be our guide.

Due to this illness,i also have missed a lot of church services, and feel badly for it, however, i know that my Lord is always faithful to me.

I think the idea of having a specific time to gather your children at bedtime is a good idea, pretty soon, it will not seem the same, if you miss a night.

God Bless you all and Jesus Loves you!!! blessings
  3. Lumare41

Lumare41 New Member

A friend of mine does a short devotional with her children at suppertime everynight.She has 9 of them and it is the only time she gets them all together in one spot.It might be a story from the bible or a psalm or just a short prayer that they talk about.Her husband was once a full time pastor so that helps a lot also.My husbands bible is very dusty.I pray while driving my car by myself or just small little minutes here and there.It is hard with a busy household but as long as you pray God understands.
    You and your freinds are in my prayers.
    Love Luann
  4. another_painful_day

another_painful_day New Member

I did get the kids in the habit of holding hands with each other at supper and each one of use says grace until the circle is complete. Sometimes they are short sweet prayers from the onthertimes they actually remember to say a prayer for a friend or one of us if we are ill.

My sweet step-son ALWAYS reminds us if we seem to have forgotten and began eating. So Im blessed for that...SOMETHING seems to be sinking in thank God LOL!

Your ideas are so wonderful and it sounds great. Im going to give it a try. Ill let you all know how it goes. Maybe I can FINALLY get back in the habit of doing their devotions every night as well. Itll halp all of us out. I use to do them everynight with my oldest.