wondering

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by iamlindab, Jun 8, 2006.

1. iamlindab

iamlindab New Member

Edited to add more paragraphs as requested below.

I've been hanging around here for a couple days just checking out the information. As of yet, I have not been diagnosed with anything but I do have lots of symptoms and no one seems to know why. So, I've been spending time researching myself. I am tired of always feeling like crap and want to know what is wrong with me.

I see that FM patients have 18 tender points, does that mean that all 18 points hurt all the time? I have constant pain in my knees, it feels like someone is sticking a knife in me and turning it. It hurts so bad sometimes at work I just want to scream. A year ago, I did not limp at all but now it is pretty bad. The pain has been going on for about a year and a half. I've tried Lodine and Celebrex for the pain but neither worked and the Celebrex upset my stomach.
    I also have terrible pain in my feet- they burn and ache so bad that again I just want to scream. It keeps me up a night.

Now, my ankles have decided to join in on the fun too so basically, from the knees down I am in constant pain.
    My back aches so bad in the morning lately but I have been blaiming our mattress for it. Although the pain just started about a month ago and we've had the mattress for about a year. I usually starts to feel somewhat better after about an hour or so. I lift a lot at work so I figure that could also account for the pain.

Other than the pain, I also have some of the other symptoms that I have noticed on this site. I am always tired and could easily sleep all day if I didn't have to go to work. I feel like I am physically drained, no energy, just picking up the boxes at work makes me tired and achey. There are other symptoms too but these are the worst.
    My dr. did some ex-rays on my knees and said he didn't see any arthritis but what else could possibly hurt this bad? I told him about the pain/burning in my feet and he kind of chuckled.

I have an appointment with an ortho. dr. next month. Also in the past year, I have gained about 30 lbs. - no clue why. I have not been eating that much differently but I do not exercise at all- it hurts too bad and I am too tired.
    I've asked the dr. for help with that too and he tested my for thyroid problems, said I was normal and to diet and exercise. I have been kind of following Weight Watchers since October and have lost 0. I have also been tested for diabetes and RA. The only thing that has been found so far is high cholesterol and low triglicerides.
    So, do you think I should consider asking about FM - could this possibly be my problem?

Thanks in advance

[This Message was Edited on 06/10/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 06/10/2006]
  2. findmind

findmind New Member

Welcome and we are so glad you joined us!

Personally, I do think you have something going on...no, you don't have to have all 18 "points" as being painful, but when a dr. finds one, you should scream bloody murder. Don't be brave...they need to know where you hurt.

Yes, knees and feet hurting for no apparent reason are symptoms of FM. One dr. told my partner "it doesn't get any better than this"! but it can, with prompt medical care from a knowledgeable Rheumatologist, especially.

Do us all a favor, ok? Go to your screenname area and see where it says edid/delete? (That can only be seen by you, on your posts).

Please edit your posting and make it into more paragraphs, like here, ok?
    Many of us get dizzy and fall out of our chairs trying to read long lines of print, lol.

More people will read and respond to your postings, also.

Hope you get the diagnosis and treatment you need...

findmind
  3. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Yes, I agree that you probably have FM. You may have other ailments as well.

Your doctor chuckled at pain in the ankles? I think I would've smacked him!

No, you will not have pain in all 18 spots at once. THANK GOD!

I have arthritis in both my knees, a torn meniscus in my left knee and bursitis in both hips. I also have a herniated disc in my lower back.

Basically, I'm in pain from the waist down on a daily basis. Sometimes I just "throb."

My feet used to hurt some, especially when I got out of bed in the morning. Lately, my ankles have been feeling VERY weak and hurt badly also.

My pain moves around all day long. Arms, neck, hands,...you name it...and it has hurt. Sometime I get pain deep toward the bone. There is not a day that I'm not in pain. Some days are just more tolerable than others.

And I pity anyone that comes up and smacks me (arm, shoulder, back) to say, "Hey, how ya doin?" They think I'm kidding them when I tell them that it hurt. I'm VERY sensitive to touch.

Anyway...hope this helps a little!

Take care!
    Gentle hugs!