Wood Lock Oil, a blessing for pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by msbsgblue, Jun 10, 2008.

1. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I had never heard of it until a friend from Africa came to visit me for a week. I had a migraine, she told me to lie in the floor and she rubbed a couple drops of wood lock oil on the back of my neck. In 5 minutes the migraine was gone, I had had it for 2 days.

I use it now for my neck, shoulders anyplace that I have a lot of pain.

Wood Lock is from China. If you get some get it with Clove Oil in it, without the clove oil is not as good.

The last time I ordered online they did not have the one with clove oil so my DH went to the cake decorating store and got me a tiny bottle of pure clove oil. The little bottle is about 1 1/2 inches tall and half of that added to the 0.85 ounces of wood lock made it the same as I had before.

It works!!!! Tonight I had such pain and very stiff neck, I rubbed about 4 drops on the back of each side and rubbed it in until it felt warm.

Here I am 10 minutes later and my neck is fine.

Hugs to all,
  2. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

Most of my pain is neck, shoulder and even above the eyebrow area. Is it legal to suggest where I could purchase it on here.? If so please let me know. Good post!
  3. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

That is how I got it, just googled it on the net.

I hope this is o.k. to post since I don't think it is anything that interfers with PH store.

Mods, if this isn't o.k. remove this post please, no intent other then to help folks in pain.
  4. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

search it on Wikipedia ~ they will tell you how to distinguish the packaging of "real" versus "immitation" Wood Lock oil.

Of course, although its self policing works very well, Wikipedia must be taken with a grain of salt. I can conceive of competing Wood Lock oil producers editing the site to promote their own. On the other hand, there might be fake Wood Lock oil on the market.

Peace out,
  5. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I feel it is really the clove oil in it that helps me so much, however, you cannot use clove oil by itself of you might burn your skin.

6. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Woodlock really works because it is 50% methyl salicylate - (aspirin) - be very careful to wash your hands or apply it with a cloth. It is poisonous if ingested, especially for kids and animals. It has not been evaluated by the FDA.

Wash hands thoroughly after each use.
    Do not apply to wounds or damaged skin.
    Do not wrap with bandage or clothing.
    Do not add heat.
    Discontinue use if skin irritation develops.
    Avoid contact with the eyes or mucous membranes.
    Avoid use during pregnancy.
    Do not apply to open cuts, sensitive areas, or genital areas.

If condition worsens, rash develops, or if symptons persist for more than 7 days, or clear up and occur again within a few days, discontinue use of this product and consult a physician or Traditional Chinese Medical practitioner.

This product has not been evaluated by the FDA. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

We highly recommend that you consult with a Traditional Chinese Medical practitioner or physician before taking any products or if you have any questions regarding your health.

7. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

All I know is that it really does work.