woofmom cytolog and infopeptides

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pocahontas606, Feb 5, 2007.

1. pocahontas606

pocahontas606 New Member

i have cut and pase an article

This is not political or judicial, but rather a freedom of information act for your immune system!

What I want to share with you is an important consequence of a quiet revolution that has been taking place in medicine. It`s about immunotherapy.

Immunotherapy is a form of treatment that uses the different aspects of your immune system - its cells and molecules and its various stratagems - to tip the balance in your favor - as your body battles to maintain health. One researcher commented that he has an old-fashioned negative opinion when it comes to new-fangled drugs, so he`s putting his money on immunotherapy for achieving optimal health. Well, so am I, and I think you will, too, after hearing about Cytolog.

What I`m going to share with you really represents medicine in the making, and you`ll soon understand why I call it a "Freedom of Information Act" for your body. In this case, it`s more than just a figure of speech. Before I explain, let me tease you with a few success stories:

Audra Church, of Kenosha, Wisconsin, was severely afflicted with fibromyalgia, diagnosed by her mainstream physician after the appropriate testing. After years of reduced life quality (including bed confinement, slurred speech, and her legs literally collapsing beneath her), she is now free of symptoms, thanks to Cytolog.

Pat Lynch of Avon, Colorado, sick with Crohn`s disease for two years, claims full recovery with Cytolog.

Dr. Anthony Freeman of Circleville, Ohio, reported a lupus patient with thrombocytopenia who responded to Cytolog treatment. In this condition, an abnormally small number of platelets circulate in the blood. The patient`s platelet count normalized within six days, taking a teaspoon of Cytolog twice a day. There was no recurrence in six months of follow-up and the patient was able to stop using coumadin. "In my mind, nothing else but the Cytolog was responsible," says Dr. Freeman.

Several other successful cases of lupus treatment are also reported by Dr. Freeman. And he, too, noted a positive response in a fibromyalgia patient. "I observed no downside to Cytolog. It`s a good alternative even if used with standard steroid treatment," said Dr. Freeman.

Dr. Betsy Watt, an MD ear, nose and throat physician in Scottsdale, Arizona, has had considerable success with Cytolog to speed recovery after facial laser resurfacing.

I myself had required some eye surgery as the result of an accident. I was, in fact, an hour and a half under the scalpel. I had applied Cytolog topically, and to the amazement of the surgeon and attending nurses, I emerged with almost no swelling, and barely discernable discoloration. The entire healing process was remarkably rapid.

Now for the explanation of why I refer to Cytolog as a Freedom of Information Act for your body...

We all know there are certain nutrients in supplemental form that should not be taken in high doses - that there`s a certain amount of prudence necessary when taking high doses of synthetic vitamins and minerals and other nutrient cofactors. The cautious user of alternative health products is justifiably reluctant to experiment with very new and different substances that achieve sudden popularity.

What I`d like to introduce to you is information about a spectacular exception.

Imagine a nutritional supplement that has no toxicity at any feasible level and no discernable biological action -- a substance that itself is not consumed by any metabolic reaction, possibly not even absorbed in the usual sense. Yet it seems to have very powerful and broad- based beneficial effects.

The class of substance I am referring to is known as infopeptides. Infopeptides are strands of amino acids found mostly in colostrum, and in lesser quantities in milk and in the sera of blood. Colostrum, you may already know, is the first food that newborn humans, cows, and other mammals suck from the breast the first day or two after birth - before the real milk starts to flow.

Infopeptides are by far the most exciting of substances derived from these sources, because of the subtle yet extremely powerful way in which they appear to work...

Technically it`s wrong to call infopeptides "nutritional" supplements, because they provide no raw materials for any known biological reactions.

They work by providing information only - coded strings of amino acids not unlike the coded genetic data in DNA. But unlike DNA, you don`t have to be born with this information to use it. Taken as a supplement, infopeptides appear to give your immune system another chance to keep viral and bacteriological pathogens at bay.

So it is that infopeptides themselves are entirely different from any other known essential substances. In fact, they promise to set a new standard for both safety and efficacy as a broad-spectrum therapeutic aid - across an impressively wide range of disorders - as you`ve already heard.

One important thing to keep in mind is how very little of these infopeptides are required to produce such compelling results. Here`s an analogy that helps us to understand how infopeptides work...

Most of us know how to ward off computer viruses. We try to avoid sources of infection, and we run an antiviral program through our computer to deal with "bugs" before they do any serious damage. These programs scan the hard disk and the computer`s memory for known viruses. Then the program initiates special instructions to remove them.

But new viruses always surface. As a computer system ages and undergoes upgrades, it`s sometimes necessary to download a new version of the antiviral program, or at least a new file to identify the new viruses. This is the only safe way to defend against new hazards and to maintain full protection against the old ones.

If you think of your body as computer hardware, your endocrine system is a kind of biological equivalent of the "operating system" that provides control of your computer. And your immune system is like your computer`s virus-scanning and virus-cleaning software.

The file containing the fingerprint of each known computer virus is like your immune system`s memory of the distinguishing characteristics of biological toxins. The process that allows the software to update its ability to recognize and remove each known virus is analogous to how infopeptides work.

In the biological system, much of this protective chemical data is transmitted from mother to offspring. Imagine the potential benefits if we had more than one opportunity to obtain this "biological software"! The good news is that researchers and practitioners are discovering that "downloading" an extra "data file" or two much later in life is possible - and proving to be extremely valuable.

Let`s clear up some vocabulary...

The term infopeptide was coined in 1990 by the developer of one of the processes that converts these peptides to a usable form. Infopeptides are chains of amino acids - too short to be proteins - seeming to carry nothing but information to the newborn. Hence the name infopeptide.

Cytolog is the name coined researchers who developed colostrum polypeptide. Until recently, the product was only obtainable by physicians.

One other word I`d like to define is cytokine. Cytokines are highly protective. They are the part of your immune system that gives cell-to-cell signals -- not unlike a civil defense siren, letting your cells know that they must spring to action. In other words, these are the intercellular mediators that actually allow cells to communicate with each other and respond correctly to antigens and inflammation. Interferon, TNF (tumor necrosis factor), and interleukins are cytokines. Unfortunately, when we attempt to administer these cytokines independently, problems surface. They just don`t always work the way they do when manufactured within you - as part and parcel of your immune system.

The point is that infopeptides appear to provide no detectable chemical raw materials or vital trace nutrients, but only coded instructions to activate your immune system.

Very few mammals survive if they do not have an opportunity to be breast-fed at birth. The data provided to the newborn by the infopeptides in colostrum may be the critical element missing from the unsuccessful attempts at artificial newborn nutrition. This could be the primary mechanism by which specific immunities are transferred to offspring, and why a newborn deprived of these codes appears to be at distinct immunological disadvantage, if it survives at all.

Used as a therapy for mature animals and humans, the encoded information appears to activate a whole new range of desirable immune responses...

One of the interesting observational conclusions of infopeptide, or "information only" action - is that the response is not dose- dependent. That is, once a very small amount of an infopeptide is consumed, an increased dose does nothing more. This is another strong argument for the safety of infopeptides:

The dosage can be so small that toxicity in the usual sense is not an issue...

There is one serious problem with infopeptides when extracted from natural colostrum - and to a much lesser extent, from milk or blood sera. Because of the size and construction of the polypeptide molecules, they are not effective in adults without a certain amount of careful processing. The long peptide chains have to be broken down into shorter segments in order to work.

For the newborn, this appears to happen naturally in the process of sucking milk from the breast - perhaps a result of a combination of physical manipulation and enzymes in the mouth of the newborn. The relatively sterile gut of the newborn could also be a necessary condition for the natural conversion of the longer polypeptides into the shorter infopeptide strings that actually communicate with immune-activating cells. Once activated - whether by means of a newborn sucking and digesting colostrum, or by the commercial process that breaks up the polypeptides into usable segments - the ability of very small doses of infopeptides to turn on powerful antiviral, antibacterial, and antiprotozoal immune functions is very impressive.

In that sense, its action is more hormone-like than nutrient-like...

But in sharp contrast to hormone therapy, the effects of infopeptides seem to be self-regulating. That is, a relatively large dose of infopeptides will not result in the kinds of imbalances and risks often associated with the use of supplemental hormones.

It should also be noted that infopeptide products, unlike whole colostrum supplements, are generally low in lactose - the milk sugar, or the allergenic peptides that often provoke reactions. So those who are sensitive to milk products need not be concerned.

One early study, published in 1993 in Molecular Immunology, showed that "a small-chain polyprotein-rich peptide in colostrum has the same ability to regulate the activity of the immune system as the hormones of the thymus gland. It activates an underactive immune system, helping it move into action against disease-causing organisms. But it also suppresses an overactive immune system, often seen in autoimmune diseases. The thymus gland is considered the seat of immunity - responsible for the action of so many immune cells.

Another review, published in Trends in Neuroscience, in 1995, suggested links to inflammation, nervous disorders, and even sleep patterns.

The actual absorption of infopeptides can take place through oral mucosa. Products in liquid form are applied by spraying into the mouth, and holding the liquid in contact with the tongue and epithelial tissue. Infopeptides can be aspirated, taken rectally, interocularly, or injected intravenously or intramuscularly. And they can be applied topically.

Any contact with live cells seems to work...

Surface contact with oral mucosa alone may be sufficient to "copy the data" into the cellular equivalent of the recording, duplicating, and distribution departments of your software publishing house.

But it`s doubtful that infopeptides can be absorbed through the GI tract of adults, because the precise amino acid sequences are altered too quickly in your digestive system.

I am fascinated by the fact that Infopeptides have the effect of increasing interferon, TNF, interleukins, and at least eight other types of cytokines -- although these substances are not contained in the infopeptide supplements themselves.

How specific health problems relate to infopeptides...

Although the most compelling data is yet to be published, there is no shortage of powerful anecdotal accounts - from both patients and practitioners.

In 1992, a group of people experiencing a variety of chronic or recurring conditions were given Cytolog for a two-week period. Among those who had complete resolution of problems were patients with arthritis, hypertension, allergies, endometriosis, herpes simplex, PMS, and prostitis.

Dr. Max Sawaf, an MD in Long Beach, California, provided the product to two patients suffering from Celiac disease. In both cases the diagnosis had been confirmed by biopsy. In four days of supplementation with these infopeptides, each patient began to consume normal diets without any evidence of intolerance. After six weeks, blood taken from both individuals was submitted to Dr. Vijay Kumar of Buffalo, New York, and found to be negative to all four antibody tests.

In 1995, Dr. Boris Castillo, an MD in Guatemala City, reported that, in addition to the usual reports of efficacy with common viral and rheumatic conditions, he observed positive responses in a patient with a rare disease similar to Cruetzfeldt-Jakob syndrome.

In 1996, Dr. Bernardo Meza, an MD of Belize, reported benefit in patients suffering from many conditions that I`ve already referred to, adding that when a woman he had diagnosed with lymphoma received Cytolog, she experienced a dramatic reduction of two major clinical manifestations - fever and pain.

In that same year, Dr. Estuardao Tercero, an MD of San Juan de Dios Hospital in Guatemala City, was impressed with a 17-year-old boy who had been admitted with post-chicken pox encephalitis. Immediately following the administration of Cytolog, his fever abated and his seizures ceased. A CAT scan, taken during his 14- day hospitalization revealed no apparent damage associated with the event.

Arthritis is now recognized as an autoimmune disease, suspected to be a result of the failure of the cytokine network. In one study conducted in 1996, 12 patients with active rheumatoid arthritis and 10 with osteoarthritis were given 5 milliliters of Cytolog orally per day, with instructions to prolong contact with oral mucosa by holding the liquid Cytolog in their mouths for a short time. Dose was doubled after 4 weeks if there was no response. Clinical improvement was documented within 2 to 6 weeks for all but two patients who dropped out of the trial.

In spite of being advised not to stop using their established therapies, patients decided to discontinue other agents on their own. At the end of the initial evaluation time, the medicine intake ranged from 0 to 3 drugs per day.

In an interim report on ongoing research, Dr. Alejandro Nitsch, M.D. and Fabiola de Nitsch, MD, suggest that since the product has no demonstrable biological activity, the proposed mechanism of action of infopeptides is induction of cytokines - allowing the organism to recuperate its "immunologic memory." This results in adequate responses to autoimmune conditions. In this application, infopeptides appear to function as a biological regulator. Rather than provide the blueprint for resisting a particular pathogen, infopeptides seem to help recover or restore normal functional patterns.

In February and March of 1996, a thirty-day safety study was conducted by Dr. Robert Brandt, MD, in Dayton, Ohio. In that study, twelve patients with advanced HIV disease were given Cytolog in conjunction with a nutritional supplement. Dr. Brandt observed a 63 percent reduction in the clinical symptoms assessment score for those receiving two administrations of infopeptide a day.

Theresa Quinlin, an MD in Canal Winchester, Ohio, reports success with infopeptides for acute viral illnesses, autoimmune disorders, and fibromyalgias. Dr. Quinlin told me that Cytolog is very helpful with any acute viral disease. Chicken pox is one example - she sees fewer pock marks with its use, and patients recover in three days instead of ten days.

Dr. Quinlin used infopeptides with success in nine patients with chronic fibromyalgia. One patient with polymyalgia rheumatica experienced 90 percent reduction in pain level.

Dr. Quinlin also cites dramatic improvement of shingles and flu cases, success in treating gastritis where all other strategies failed, impressive use as anti-inflammatory treatment, and treatment for bronchitis and viral pneumonia. She describes the infopeptide treatment as "truly miraculous" against oral herpes in infants.

In another unpublished study, AIDS patients were found to show a 50 percent reduction in symptoms using 5 to10 milliliters of infopeptides per day.

Pete Wills, of Williamsport, Ohio, reports recovery from celiac sprue, plus marked improvement in his arthritis condition.

John and Shelley Verdez, of Dublin, Ohio, relate an inspiring story of survival of their baby, born prematurely, weighing in at only 2 pounds, 14 ounces. The doctors and hospital had given up hope for this child when she contracted a serious virus at four months of age. But at zero hour, they were fortunate enough to have discovered Cytolog. The Cytolog was administered while the baby was in Children`s Hospital. Their beautiful little girl is almost two now, and the picture of health.

Other conditions for which infopeptide treatment is known to have produced a positive response include: muscular spinal degeneration, multiple sclerosis, psoriasis, and even a few rare diseases.

These are just a few of the stories, confirmed by the patients` medical practitioners.

Anecdotal reports are important, especially when I`m the one in the anecdote...

I have long been skeptical about accepting the judgment of those who only look through the microscope and never see the patients. Dr. Freeman told me that patients with fibromyalgia are so exquisitely sensitive, that they would be the first to complain about any side effects, or about lack of results. Those of his patients who were fibromyalgia victims simply had no complaints with the use of Cytolog, much to his surprise and delight. So Dr. Freeman was impressed with what he wasn`t hearing from his patients. You can`t get that kind of experienced observation from a slide in the laboratory.

I also take exception to criticism about unfounded results because of small numbers of subjects. Do you know that in 1977, the American Cancer Society committed two million dollars for clinical testing of interferon based on 14 patients? So when mainstream criticizes results gleaned from anecdotes and small numbers, I`m not particularly impressed with the condemnation. There are many examples of new medical treatments that were advanced long before their mode of action was fully understood. Rigorous clinical validation of new therapies must often follow acceptance rather than precede it. The use of infopeptides is taking the same path, because the limited studies completed to date have produced such powerful results at such an early stage in their use. It would be difficult for informed practitioners to ignore this very effective tool for disease therapy and prevention. Remember, too, that infopeptides do not carry the baggage of risky drug side effects.

Questions and Answers

Since infopeptides represent such a new concept, I`d like to condense the important points about the use of Cytolog by answering the most frequently asked questions:

Basic Question: What is the actual definition of infopeptides?

Answer: The term applies to a class of small proteins that circulate in the blood of mammals and accumulate or concentrate in their colostrum, in their milk, and in their blood sera.

Infopeptides appear to convey information necessary for appropriate cellular function.

Question: How does Cytolog liquid compare with whole colostrum supplements?

Answer:

Comparing cytolog liquid to a whole colostrum supplement would be like comparing a precious metal to the ore from which it is derived.

Question:

Can these infopeptides be as effective for adults as for a newborn infant?

Answer:

Infopeptides need to be processed to be effective for adults. The polypeptides from colostrum are not absorbable (or more properly, not "readable") by adults unless separated and broken up into smaller sizes. One company has successfully accomplished this goal, and refers to its product as Cytolog.

Cytolog is the product used in the studies I have cited.

Question:

Can we get enough human colostrum to provide enough of the infopeptides?

Answer:

Bovine colostrum - that is, from cows - provides infopeptides that are fully effective in humans. Good thing, otherwise their use would be prohibitively expensive.

Question:

But does the bovine source of infopeptides really work as well as human?

Answer:

This answer is a very definite yes. Whereas bovine colostrum and lactoferrin are close but not precise matches of their human counterparts, infopeptides from cows may be even closer. Dr. Stephen Levine, a biochemist involved in developing Cytolog, says that these polypeptides are so important to animal survival that they may have come through the evolutionary process with virtually no change from species to species, much like vitamin C or melatonin.

The clinical experience with bovine products is sufficiently compelling to imply that the bovine immune system is every bit as smart as the human one.

Question:

What is meant by the phrase, "No clear relationship between dose and benefit"?

Answer: In the studies done to date, it has been noted that the administration of Cytolog above the minimum levels necessary for response does not enhance or intensify the benefit.

Question:

What do these infopeptides do for adults, anyway?

Answer:

Early studies suggest that Infopeptides are extremely effective as anti-inflammatory agents as well as immune enhancers.

Question:

What specific types of conditions are likely to respond to Cytolog?

Answer:

A variety of conditions have been helped, including infectious diseases, progressive degenerative disorders, allergic disorders, and even a dozen or so rare diseases.

Question:

What types of conditions are least likely to respond to Cytolog?

Answer:

Those least likely to respond are those suffering from the effects of permanent tissue damage or environmental toxins.

Question:

How is Cytolog administered?

Answer:

In most cases, oral administration is preferred. Amounts from 1/4 to 1 teaspooon are placed in the mouth and held or circulated for a few seconds prior to swallowing.

Topical application is also effective for burns, sutures, and other healing skin conditions.

Question:

How much is needed to be effective?

Answer:

Again, small doses are effective. The usual mode of administration is a teaspoon of liquid or spray in the mouth, held in contact with oral mucosa for a few minutes and then swallowed.

Question:

Is Cytolog safe?

Answer:

The safety of Cytolog has been demonstrated in physician-monitored safety studies, and in normal use. As with any food, should evidence of intolerance develop, it is recommended that the use of Cytolog be discontinued until an adequate assessment of the circumstances can be made. But in all of my research, talking at length to physicians and patients, no one reported any deleterious side effects.

Question:

Should I take Cytolog as a preventive?

Answer:

Not necessarily, but if you feel you have been exposed or may be exposed to unhealthful surroundings, that`s the time to take it. The developer of the product explains. He says:

"If I take Cytolog in the morning, before going to work, and my coworkers are sneezing and coughing, I will be protected for six hours. Six hours later, another dose will protect me for the next six hours."

Interesting stuff! Interesting concept! You should know that I have been tracking the progress of Cytolog with its history of success for problems ranging from acute viral attacks to serious chronic and even life-threatening disorders for a few years. But it wasn`t easy, because, as I indicated, until recently, Cytolog was available only to a small number of physicians involved in or aware of the research.

I`m so pleased to finally share with you my joy over the healing potential of infopeptides.

Cytolog appears to have the potential to revolutionize at least three major areas of treatment...

Cytolog is helpful for:

(1) immune dysfunction (from minor to major, including AIDS)

(2) childhood diarrhea, and

(3) myalgias and muscle pains, including arthritis and fibromalgia.

Keep in mind that Cytolog is not a magic bullet against a specific organism or disease. It appears to stimulate your immune system to action.

Although its ability to conquer the first two areas of very serious afflictions is thrilling, I must admit that it`s the third that has me reeling with excitement. Is there any among you who doesn`t know at least one person suffering from fibromyalgia? At last, I now have a more positive response when so many of you come up to me at meetings, pleading for help because of this debilitating disorder.

Homeostasis requires the coordinated functioning of trillions of cells. Some influence on our cells inclines us toward wellness. This would require communication or advice and perhaps some form of informational media. It just may be that infopeptides are that media, advising every function of every well cell!

There`s so much we have yet to understood No matter. I don`t know what the pistons or spark plugs do in my car, but that`s no deterrent for me to drive.

There it is, folks:

A FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT FOR YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM - CYTOLOG - INFOPEPTIDES - the software of the cell!
  2. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Thanks!!!