WooHoo...It was NOT shingles

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CockatooMom, Jul 15, 2006.

1. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Finally saw my doc yesterday after 4PM. I showed her the spots on my tummy and breasts. She said, they aren't shingles.

Come to find out, I have developed a drug allergy to all penicillin derived antibiotics! Thank you God! I am SO thankful I didn't have shingles.

We got our new computer yesterday, so we've been busy hooking up, plugging in, installing software & hardware, and going nuts!

Since my DH helped me with the puter, and I felt better today than in a while, I helped him with his "Big" truck.

He just got another truck to haul his loads and the guy he got it from smoked like a chimney, so I helped him clean all the nicotine off the seats, walls, ceiling, and all.

That was an awful job! (Glad I quit smoking)
    I'll probably pay for it tomorrow!

Love and hugs,
    CockatooMom

[This Message was Edited on 07/15/2006]
  2. dleaning

dleaning New Member

Hi Cockatoomom,

Glad to hear you don't have that!! My grandmother had it and I remember her being in alot of pain from it.

Congrats on the new computer!!!

Hugs,
    Dawn
  3. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Yes, I heard that it is VERY painful.

But you know what? I'm STILL itching like crazy, so now I'm wondering if I am allergic to the trazadone instread!
    I started taking that the same time I did my antibiotics.

Oh...What a weekend!

Hope it's sunny in NJ, it sure is in PA...but HOT!

Talk to ya soon!

Love and hugs,
    ERayna
  4. TAM

TAM New Member

THATS GREAT THAT IT WAS'NT THE SHINGLES!! TAKE CARE. TAMMY
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

last year....it could've been one or the other or the combination...they gave me attarax...fior the allergic reaction..i was wheezing from atshma ans swollen allover...itched so badly head to toes....hurt to even type, be out in the sun...i wasd like that for about a month...

you can take beedryl..i had to supplement that w/the attarax

jodie
  6. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Glad it is not shingles, I remember that pain..

Take care and Hugs
    Janet