Words of Encouragement Please?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Missnae1, Aug 27, 2003.

1. Missnae1

Missnae1 New Member

Sometimes this DD becomes so overwhelming. I have a positive ANA test and waiting for Dr's appointment 09/04 to have it explained and further testing to be done. I can't keep my mind off of it. I don't know if it's the DD or just me, but I can't shut it down and let it go. It drives my everyday. My mind is so tired of worry and I just want some sense of normalcy. How does one carry this with them every single day of their life? I'm trying to work part time but it's taking every ounce of energy I have and seems to be sooo stressful. Just feeling all alone today. Thanks for listening, I'm sure tomorrow will be a better day.
  2. MiahRoo

MiahRoo New Member

is *gentle huggggs* Hope everything turns out ok.
  3. lease79

lease79 New Member

I know what you mean about not being able to shut down & let go. I get told all the time that I need to do something relaxing, because I SERIOUSLY stress all the time.
    Even when I am sick I wont let myself just lay down & relax.
    When it comes to getting through each day, I have in that respect learnt to 'let go' a little. I used to push myself to do SOOOOO much & I would crash in a screaming heap/
    These days I just take one day at a time, & I don't try to set out anything I HAVE to do, (apart from getting children too & from school & kindy.) If I get lots done in a day, then that's wonderful. If I don't, then it doesn't matter. That's all I can do, If I try to hard & crash, then I get all down on myself.
    If I go at my own pace (which changes from day to day) & get through the day, then I feel better about myself & what I have done that day ;)

~*GENTLE HUGS*~

Lease

4. aching

aching New Member

...of my journey. I have had a positive ANA for 4 years and a diagnosis of fibro. I kept thinking there must be something more and at times it was all consuming. Now I've learned to live one day at a time and treat the symptoms as they come.Was your ANA a high titre or low? Many people have a positive ANA without it being lupus or another autoimmune disease.It will eventually all get sorted out so try not to worry until you know for sure what it is you are dealing with.
  5. Missnae1

Missnae1 New Member

You all are so kind, I try to keep positive, it's just one of "those" days. Thanks again very much.

Aching - What is considered high or low titre? I only have two numbers to go on ANA EIA 1.5 Antinulcear AB IFA 1:1280 Does this mean anything to you?

Thank you!

[This Message was Edited on 08/27/2003]
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

So sorry you are feeling so down, we all have those days, sometimes weeks, months, etc.

But tomorrow is another day, and believe me worrying will not make anything better, but it sure will make you feel worst.

Take care, and try to think positive.

Shalom, Shirl
  7. aching

aching New Member

Hi Missnae1, 1:1280 is definately positive and considered high but is not as high as it may seem. It is positive at 1:40 and then each time it doubles, like 1:80,1:160,1:320,1:640,1:1280.Yours is four times higher than 1:80. I'm not sure what the other test is, maybe someone else can help out. Take Care, Aching
  8. wildzootv

wildzootv New Member

I am sorry. It is hard and it's about your life so how can one not expect to think about it?

For me..... I knew something was wrong so I was releived when I was finally diagnosed with something that had a name (lupus - I had it early on but they misdiagnosed it then). Now the fibro, that came to me as a total shock. I wasn't expecting that - or anything else. I just thought my lupus was getting worse.

Talking helps, even if you have to talk everyone's ears off. You have alot of stress, worries, questions on your heart - it's natural. You need to let it out. Go for it.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/27/2003]
  9. Missnae1

Missnae1 New Member

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement from all. Aching..thanks for the info on the titre. At least I know SOMETHING about it now. What would I do without this board, thank you all so much.