words of encouragement: what has someone said that has helped you

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shannonsparkles, May 9, 2006.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

We've all had the feeling of being down so low that it seems a ray of sunshine will never touch our skin again.

And then, (probably at the LAST minute - wink) somone reaches into our dark little world with a kindly word to pull us out.

What is something really nice that someone's said to you? What kind words in your life have been like little treasures of trailmix to sustain you over life's difficult roads? What has someone said to call you back to yourself and helped you remember the special soul that you are?

Share a bit of your sunshine, and write in to this thread. We all appreciate it! :D
    "As apples of gold in silver carvings is a word spoken at the right time for it." Proverbs 25:11
    ((thanks for the lift)) Shannon
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

Hubby said to me, "Don't overdo it. You'll hurt tomorrow. I'll do the dishes."

Music to my ears. He is the sweetest man!

He also does the laundry (although I do some also) and the vaccuuming. He takes out the garbage, and cleans the cat box. All this, plus "his" work...mowing the lawn, etc. And he works one fulltime job and a second parttime job on the side (at home).

I really love him alot.

God Bless.
  3. gladone

gladone New Member

I have just been told I have FM & CFS after years of suffering.

I saw my Doc for the first time last friday (since my diagnoses) and she said she was so happy to finally have an actual diagnoses.

She further said that she cares so much for me as a person that she does not want to hand me off to another practitioner. She asked to manage my care herself. She wants to be my biggest advocate and will submerse herself in knowledge of this illness. To top it off she appologized for taking so many years to finaly have an answer to all that has been ailing me.

Yesterday I received a call to inform me that she is already registered to take a 4 day workshop on my illness and that she has spoken to several leading Doctors in the field and has a plan of action for me. God has blessed me with a great Doctor.

My Doctor is my sunshine!!!

Gladone
  4. pam112361

pam112361 New Member

For anyone who read my post last week, you know that things have been really rough at home. I finally talked to my DH and explained that he had to understand my limitations. He's trying, but we all know it's hard.

Now that my daughter has finished her first year of college, she's going to help her Daddy with his work this summer (and help me more around the house). Well, yesterday, they showed up at my office and brought me flowers for Mother's Day so I would have them in my office all week. It was a wonderful surprise and means so much because they really had to go out of their way to do this for me. I'm still smiling!

Pam
  5. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

It was Oprah.

She said "When you knew better, you did better."

I try to apply that.
  6. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

A recurring issue in my life (since becoming ill) is feeling like I have nothing left to contribute to the world. I prayed to God to find a way for me to share my gifts, even though my gifts have become as fragile as my health. The answer came to me through the following prose.

You have only one sacred duty:
    to make your spirit available to others.
    You do this by sharing what you already are
    in this and every moment.
    If you are loving, you share your loving.
    If you are suffering, you share your suffering.
    If you are healing, you share your healing.
    Why waste precious energy arguing with God about
    what it is that is yours to share right now,
    worrying how your broken bit could possibly be of use.
    Trust that however unlikely it may seem,
    without your piece,
    the universe would be incomplete

written by Carol Orsborn

Thank you Shannon for beginning such a wonderful and uplifting thread.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  7. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

My teenage daughters are always trying to make me feel good, but sometimes I feel that they think they have to. they are 16 and 17 so they are at the age they know what they need to say and what not to say.
    The one that really touches my heart though is when I went to the store with my 4 year old niece and I had to ride in the electric cart. I told her "I bet all these people think aunty is just fat and lazy", and this little sweety said Aunty I don't care what they think I think you are pretty. It just made my day.
  8. kriket

kriket New Member

I am so insecure and always feel like I have to prove myself to people, wishing I could be more outgoing. My boyfriend always tells me that I am a good woman and am very pretty. It feels good for a second, then I'm insecure again. So, he tells me these 2 things all the time. I told him the other night that I was so glad that he did not run from me b/c of this DD and my social anxiety, and his response was- I really ran somewhere huh? He said that I was the way I am for a reason-God made me that way and that's how I am supposed to be. He is soooo understanding and patient. He is able to look past bad things only to find the good. He is my rock. Such a sweetheart.

Kriket
  9. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I believe you are sick .I can tell.

And for those who do not believe well Sue hate to say this but they never were a true friend.

True friends believe in each other and help one another no questions asked.No matter what.

I love my friend Mary.Long story but she saved my life 7 yrs ago.

Sue
  10. sisland

sisland New Member

I have to say that my Doctor (r) is the best!! from the very first day i saw her she had no doubt that this illness was present!! very kind! thoughtful! and always gives me a compliment and a hug when i see her!............................also my girls are very supportive! as are my brothers and their wives!! so how come i always feel like i'm such a loser!........................with nothing to contribute!! wow do i miss being able to work!!...................i always try to (not feel sorry for myself) ..........................................................and try to be thankful for what i have! wow being confined to a nursing home or to a wheel chair would'nt be fun!! sorry (longwinded) this board is so very helpful no matter what!..................................thanks sisland P.s. Shannon i really enjoy your poetry! you have a gift there!
  11. Shannonsparkles

One moment that still makes me cry happened in church several years ago.

I was getting sicker with the DD, and would slump in my chair with my eyes shut while in church, not even able to follow what the speaker was saying, I was so sick. I even had a "friend" berate me for "being lazy and not paying attention." But I kept going just so I could be there. Even so, I was starting to miss church more and more.

After church, I was standing and chatting with some friends, and an old man that I knew came up to greet me. Out of nowhere, he said, smiling, "Faithful Shannon, always at church."

I was stunned. My first thought was, oh no, I'm not always here. I'm comming less and less!

But then I remembered how God must see me. He doesn't see what a person can't do. He sees that they're giving it their all. It doesn't matter that it's different than what the next person can give. The thought that each of us is a treasure no matter how sick we are still warms my heart. As long as we're doing what we can, it's enough for Him.
    (( )) Shannon
    [This Message was Edited on 05/12/2006]
  12. Shannonsparkles

Thanks! I feel so SHY when I post any poems! But I'll try to get a couple more of them up here sometime. :)

What else can we remember that cheered us up? Let's keep this warm and fuzzy thread on the go! :D
    ((thanks for the smiles!)) Shannon
  13. anniec345

anniec345 New Member

they bring tears to my eyes. this is the kind of stuff that keeps people going. Thank God for love and support.
  14. sisland

sisland New Member

My middle daudhter graduated today with a teaching degree from the university of Montana ( home of the famous grzzlie football team!............................It was such a personal achievment for her!! 5 years of school! what a marvoules feeling of pride i had!!........................my neighbor lady babysat my little dog Dazze so i could go ! was a 5 hour round trip so needles to say i'm hurting and exhausted but was i wouldn't have missed it for the world!! i know it sounds to you all like i'm bragging alittle !.....................................but when i got home mary my neighbor said to me Wow you've done a great job with thoes kids! and of course i said thanks ! but it seems like i have this illness to pay for all the years of running working raising 3 kids by myself and 2 or three failed relationships but i have my girls and they are my pride and and joy!! sorry for long winded ness but i felt like i needed to share! thanks to all god bless Sisland