Work and Disability

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kayzee, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Kayzee

Kayzee New Member

Can a person apply for diability and still be working part time?
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

go to disabilitysecrets.com...

i did it myself but i was off work first my sdi ran out, my savings ran out, child support was nonexixtent,,,for three years plus i was paying for legal fees...what a miserable few years...

anywys i had to go on welfare or tanf...my workder messed up..sent me to a wlrk program called calworks..i thought how the heck am i going to be able to do this...well i found a job in no time...i have great quals..but i need 2 surgeries..turned into 3 of them w/i a year...plus dealing w/workerkers comp and ssdi appeals...

so anyways id id work briefly i did temp jobs...i found a permanent one..but i got let go cause they said i couldn't multitask...well that was one of the things i was complaining about..

the attorney i had said that would work to my advantage..i drew my unemployment yes i said i was able to work, because i needed the money...the judge did ask me peronal financail questions...she said he would understand it was a means to an end...i won my case...

jodie
  3. suzetal

suzetal New Member

In order to apply for disability you must have been out of work for one full year or expected not to for at least one full year.

Go to ssa.gov it will answer all your ? After you are on SS you can work but can not make more than 800.00 a month.

You must remember that SS is Federal and no matter were you live the laws are the same....You may have a different case worker or judge that see things differently but the laws are the same.

A judge in one state may feel FM if a disability and another judge think its not.

Sue

[This Message was Edited on 03/25/2006]
  4. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

the correct website address is ssa.gov. Just wanted to let you know.

Linda