Work at home any ideas?? Any successes?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hootie1, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

I'm wondering what types of internet jobs, etc can be done at home. I would love to choose my hours, but still have an income.
  2. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

bumping

I do sell stuff on ebay, but only make on average about $30 to $50 a week. I only spend one day a week listing stuff, because the pain is just too much to do more.

Hope someone has some ideas about working at home, making money.
  3. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

Have you tried eLance.com or guru.com. You can display your talents and bid on projects placed by those seeking services.

Andrea
  4. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

Thanks. I'll check out those sites.
  5. mrdad

mrdad New Member

A young women in my building is a grant writer and seems

to make a living at it. Not sure what it really entails,

but my former wife has done that for the University she

worked at. She has an M.A. degree but I think writing

talent may have more importance than eduacation level.

I can get more info. next time I speak with her!

MRDAD
  6. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I am fortunate to make a decent living at home doing bookkeeping and accounting, but I have been in the business for over 12 years and have lots of contacts and education. (I am so thankful for this, I am not just well enough to go out to work).

I know some virtual assistants, that design websites, do clerical, answer phones, etc.

Do a search for Virtual Assistants, we have an association in Canada and there is one is US too.

Good Luck,

Sue in Ontario
  7. PVLady

PVLady New Member

It is easy to sell insurance from a home office, however there is a learning curve to get started. You can sell many products or specialize in one product to make it easier, such as health insurance, or term life insurance.

There are tons of classes to learn this business. You must be licensed in your state but that is not hard either.

The more knowledgable you become on products, the more sucessful you will be.

You can always affiliate with a company to sell their products, they usually do not care where you work from.

The challenge is getting new customers. Again, companies can help you with marketing techniques. They usually provide marketing materials free of charge, so you don't have to purchase brochures, etc.

But you do assume the costs of mailings, yellow page advertising, newpaper, magazine, flyers, etc. These are all tax write offs as business expenses.

There are excellent books at the library about working from home, as well as ideas for businesses.

Many agents sell via the internet. I have been in the insurance field for over 30 years and have my own agency.

[This Message was Edited on 08/19/2006]
  8. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

And she recently approached me about being her assistant. I would be able to work from home, set my own hours, work when I felt able.

The job would entail listing her properties on the MLS, updating her professional website, affixing mailing labels on postcards that needed to be sent out, printing fliers to go in the TAKE ONE boxes at homes for sale.

She said that at first it would be only about 10 hours a week, but could become more as she acquires more listings.

We are going to get back together and work out the details. She told me that more and more real estate agents are doing this.

Linda