Work at home opportunity and question.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjcookie, Feb 9, 2007.

1. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

Since I've been a member here for a long time, I know I wouldn't be accused of being a troller or whatever we call those people but I don't know if I'm supposed to tell people the company I found.

I just started a work at home opportunity and soon, they will be routing calls right into my house when people call to order a product. I think it's perfect for those of us who can't work out of the house becaue we can choose our own hours, etc. and the people that call will be placing an order where we make a decent profit.

I'll be honest, the only conflict is that I do get credit if someone joins and I don't want anyone to think I'm telling them about this just so I get a perk. I've been searching for something for a long time and I finally found something that would work for me and I already use their products.

Someone tell me what the rules are - I don't want to get kicked off and don't want to appear like I'm recruiting, just thought I could help someone.
  2. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

Please tell me... I want to do it.
  3. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

Good to hear that you found a great opportunity. Keep us posted on how it turns out for ya.
  4. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

5. frankie78

frankie78 New Member

I would LOVE to know what company you're working for. Maybe you could email me? Would that work? I's so sick of feeling useless and unproductive. But I can talk on the phone...

Response much appreciated...
    Frankie
  6. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I think it would benefit us all. Maybe prohealth will start a special area for postings of this nature? That would be great.
  7. app5775

app5775 New Member

I would also be interested in learning more about the program and products. I'm trying to find a part time job I can do for a few hours but its hard to find anything not too strenuous. If more information becomes available put me on the list as well. Can't hurt to try.
  8. woodstockkid

woodstockkid New Member

I'm a long-time lurker on this site. I have both rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia, and I would LOVE to hear about a work-from-home opportunity that isn't a scam. Also, if you're able to tell us more here, tell us if your company also provides health insurance or do you have to go buy that privately?

Thanks alot!
  9. BluePetals

BluePetals New Member

Keep me updated. I know of quite a few legitimate work at home jobs. Real jobs where you get paid an hourly rate for the work you do as an independent contractor and then some will hire you as an employee. I have some web sites that I check daily for jobs too that might help someone. So let me know and I will post them also.
  10. cct

cct Member

cjcookie and bluepetals,

I am pretty sure that you can post addresses for work-at- home employers. Many people have done it in the past (do a search on this message board for "work").

It is my understanding that you cannot post personal information or promote any sales/marketing information.

I would love to obtain any of the work-at-home information that you might have.
  11. debugg

debugg New Member

Please, please let her tell us!!?? I need to know! I would be so happy to be able to quit my job! Im suffering everday too! :( Please post it!
  12. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

There's one called work at home agent.

I was going to do this, you can sign up for as little as an hour shift at a time. But if you can't do one, because you're suddenly too sick, forget it you're fired.

With a disease that I can't plan ahead it just wouldn't work.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/12/2007]
  13. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

right?

I did have to pay to start because they send you out products for you to take so you can talk about them and they set up a website for you. They give us training each month and training calls all the time. They haven't started the agent at home stuff yet but is scheduled to start within 30-60 days. Right now there are a few products but they keep adding them and there will be bunches later. Since starting the supplements, I have needed less pain meds. This company just started this part of its business so it's really a ground floor opportunity.

I do get a commission when someone joins but just to show I'm not trying to make money off someone, I would give this back to the person that started. It would make this cheaper for them and you would know I'm not trying to make money off anyone on this board.

14. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

This is a growing trend from what I have read. I think it would be a great opportunity for those who feel they are well enough to work. You can stay at home and work shifts you sign up for. Of course you have to have certain computer equipment (nothing really special) and a high speed connection. I was hoping I could so something like this when I'm well enough but since we live in the boonies I only have a satellite connection.

I found an article that lists some of the companies that hire people for this:

http://www.powerhomebiz.com/blog/2006/12/work-from-home-as-virtual-call-center.html

Shar

15. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

need. As it was explained for me, we don't have to sign up for shifts - just log in when we want and the calls get routed. The thing I like about this is we get to make our profit, not just a low hourly wage. Since I can't sleep without meds, I would like to take late night shifts when a lot of the infomercials air.

It's a really different approach - I'm excited.

16. cct

cct Member

cj and everyone,

thanks for the work information!
  17. Kryssie

Kryssie New Member

I done this for months. The Co I worked for started with a W.
    To be honest, its ok.. but the pay really wasnt worth the stress to deal with all the BS you have to put up with when people call.
    Some people have a knack for it and can do it, I cant. I called several customers select names... right before I quit! You get perverts, cussed at.. snotty people.. omg you name it. Of course you get your nice people as well, but for me the prank and nasty people ruined it.
    Good luck though I hope you are one of those people who can do it.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/13/2007]
  18. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

Alpine Access is a legitimate company. You have to have DSL/broadband and unlimited long distance plus a computer and headset. You must have absolute quiet during your shift hours...no kids, no pets making noise. There are no costs other than the equipment and phone costs.

They pay $9 an hour and you sign up for 5 shifts a week (you're usually required to work one weekend day). They don't guarantee the hours but you have to be available for about 30 hrs per week.

There are several steps in the interview process including tests (like typing) and a phone interview. Once you're qualified you get job postings you can apply for with companies like 800-flowers, office depot, credit card companies, etc as a customer service agent. The training period (all done online) depends on the company and pays $7 an hour.

Like someone else mentioned, the problem I have is that you are required to meet 98% of your schedule and if you don't, you can't work for them again. Between my health and my mother's needs (who has dementia) I can't commit to that type of schedule. I am qualified and can apply at any time, but I doubt I will do it unless it is just for seasonal work - for instance around Valentine's Day they had openings taking calls for teddy bear orders which only lasted a few weeks. Christmas is their biggest scheduling time, although many of the customer service positions are year-round.

Jan

19. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

I get $150 when someone joins and I would give this back to someone who joined under me (I mentioned earlier) so no one thought I'm on a rampage to make money off people here. You get about $600 worth of products to try. I'm on them now and I require less pain medicine now. Of course, I couldn't give them the $150 back if they joined under someone else because I wouldn't receive the money.

The $29.00 per month goes for training modules they send to you. There is also training calls almost every day that you can get on to learn.

They set up a website for you.

From what I understand when they get the Agent at Home program up and running (30-60 days), you will sign on and take calls. They route them from their main #. The people that are calling are calling to get information or to order products. They also have an infomercial about the opportunity and people will call about that. You make your profit from anything people order which is usually 100%.

As soon as the Agent at Home thing is up and running, I'll let you guys know. I plan on trying to take a lot of calls in my jammies because I need to earn more money to live. This business just launched but the company has been around a while. The owner bought out Natural Cures - Kevin Trudeau. Most people have heard of that book. I bought it and tried some of suggestions.

20. kjfms

kjfms Member

negative and cj I do respect you a lot but...

You should never have to pay anyone for the opportunity to work.

When any company ask for money up front as terms of employment it should send up a big red flag sorry but that's the truth.

Any legitimate company will take the cost of any special equipment you may need out of your first few paychecks by a percentage until it is paid and then only when they tell you first and you agree to as terms of you employment.

I would use extreme caution here and perhaps call the Better Business Bureau to further check out any company who wants to hire on these terms.

I am not trying to upset anyone -- cj I really would hate to see you or anyone get taken advantage of and end up loosing a lot of money.

There are a couple of very good sites which give all kinds of advice and good, solid information on finding work at home jobs just Google "work at home moms" or "work place like home"

I wish you all the best,

Karen :)