Work not understanding my issues...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cpdwife1519, Jan 24, 2010.

1. cpdwife1519

cpdwife1519 New Member

What do I do? I am seeing my fms/cfs doc this wed and they are not undestanding
    that I need this mentall health /sick day for this appt -series of appts from 4-6p
    I couldnt get the day off paid w/out taking a sick time day. Why are people like this?

any advice? help?
  2. dkettle

dkettle New Member

There is something called an, Itermitted Leave, your employer should have this paperwork, you take it to your doctor, they fill it out explaining your ailments..and then you return it to your employer. Human Resources should keep it on file. And it is used to save your job, regardless of how much time you miss from work due to your illness. My boss was nice enough to offer it to me. I didnt even know it exsisted. Its worth a try.

Good Luck

Hey not sure if I am saying this may be Intermittive...ask your HR dept for this paperwork.
  3. cpdwife1519

cpdwife1519 New Member

thanks I did ADA paperwork is that the same, because it was filled out by my doctor & I also did a questionare too for them to use on file!
  4. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

cpdwife -

I'm not sure where you live, but here in NY it's called "Family Medical Leave Act." You can get up to 8 weeks off of work per year. It can be taken all at once, or in little increments - including 2 or 3 hours off at a time for doctor's appointments. Your job ( or one similar to what you had ) has to be held for you.
  5. cpdwife1519

cpdwife1519 New Member

thanks we have it , right now I am starting to think my work has other plans for me
    I go in tomorrow to talk w/our head boss.