Work problem can you relate?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bunnyfluff, Sep 1, 2006.

1. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

I swear I've done the worksheets correctly, but after I've turned them in, somehow the information is WRONG! How can this be??? Have I totally LOST IT?

I have the office person call me over to her desk- and of course she is much younger than me- and she says "I'm sure you're not doing this intentionally, but these keep coming in wrong." I swear....they looked right when I did them, but I must have confused the information...there is no way she could have changed it!

So, I laugh it off, and tell them I certainly MUST stop smoking crack before I come to work, but honestly, I think they are starting to wonder if I really DO! And yes, I am blonde, which is working in my favor as an excuse, also. They do not know I have FMS/CFS, but I think it is becomng apparent that something is wrong with me.
  2. detsgirl

detsgirl New Member

I sure know how you feel. Today, I was overwhelmed and frustrated. My manager just took over and finished my task. Not that I asked her or anything, afterwards she said she "Saw it in me.........." Whatever. She is a whole other story. lol.

The other day, I was running a credit check on a guy in the store, since the driver's license has the sec. of state's name on it, I was entering in that name on accident.........I just laughed it off. But I was embarrassed.

Sometimes I worry about it because I never remember being this confused. I'm taking a supplement that is suppost to help clear brain fog, but I guess I haven't been on it long enough!!

Teresa
  3. twinkles49

twinkles49 New Member

One of the many reasons the doctor has taken me off of work. I've worked at the same position for just a bit over 4 yrs. Not to long ago I was sitting there and could not remember how to update a client's info..something I had been doing almost everyday. Took me 15 mins to figure it out. I went to the restroom and cried.

Then a few days at home...was working on my husban's books...couldn't remember how to do an invoice..finally figured it out....then I couldn't remember how to change the phone number on it. I just sat and cried...took me just about a 2 hours to figure it out.

I have gotten away from your question..sorry.
    Yes many a time and still do, think I've done something and come to find out I either did it wrong..or didn't do it at all and thought I did it right or did it!
    I understand your frustration!

Hope this helps.
    Twinks :)
    PS: I tell people that I've developed these little black holes in my brain..and the info, thoughts, etc keep falling into them.
  4. kjfms

kjfms Member

and the first thing I recommend is to stop putting yourself down in front of you co-workers and/or boss.

Hey cut yourself some slack everyone messes up now and again...yeah I know we with these DDs just do it more often...LOL

When I mess up at work I just blame it on being really busy and say something like "Gosh I can't believe I did that. I have been so swamped it is unreal and I am so glad you caught it-thank you." and leave it at that.

I have found if I make a big deal out of it more than likely it will become a big deal.

Best of luck to you,

Karen :)
  5. TerryS

TerryS Member

it's been hiding things for years now, but recently (last few months) it's really behaving BADLY!!! it takes things that are sitting right in front of you and then places them back there 10 minutes later after you've panicked!!!

TERRY
  6. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Bunnyfluff first I have to say I love your name!

I know how you feel and it is so frustrating! I hope the people you work with are supportive because the ones I worked with weren't. I think you are so amazing that you are able to work with FM. I have been off work for about 2 years now and I find it hard enough to cope with the things that need to be done at home.

Terrys I love your story about the BAD Ghost in your house. I think he has been visiting my house too!

hugs Marion (Redwillow)