working or not with SSDI?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lillieblake, Jun 30, 2008.

1. lillieblake

lillieblake New Member

Of the two attorneys I saw for my appeal for SSDI, one said to work and the other said not to work.

Have to say that the one who said not to work had a very convincing reasons.

However, he didn't offer me any money to live on (LOL)

So does anyone know if working part time will negatively affect my appeal?

I realize if I get a part time job, lose it due to fibro, and continue that routine for the next two years it will help my case, but how depressing and certainly against my ethics.

Help!

Love, Lillie
  2. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

They say no but you are also telling them', I am trying' and if you get fired because you can't perform,maybe that will look better.

I felt like trying to get a job serving ,telling them all the medications I was on, and see how many people would hire me!!! LOL That would show ssd that they can't expect a person who is ill and on medications, to really even find a job. They do drug test and you would have to be honest.

If you told me more about your case,like if you do have an attorney,maybe I could advise more. Ruthie
  3. willruthie1965

They say no but you are also telling them', I am trying' and if you get fired because you can't perform,maybe that will look better.

I felt like trying to get a job serving ,telling them all the medications I was on, and see how many people would hire me!!! LOL That would show ssd that they can't expect a person who is ill and on medications, to really even find a job. They do drug test and you would have to be honest.

If you told me more about your case,like if you do have an attorney,maybe I could advise more. Ruthie
  4. willruthie1965