Working through nervousness about procedures tomorrow...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DeborahLynn, Aug 26, 2008.

1. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

It's late, but I feel I can't go to sleep right now. I'm a little nervous about a minor surgery I'm going to have tomorrow. I'll have general anesthesia, but I won't have to spend the night in the hospital.

I am going to have an endoscopy, hysteroscopy, D&C, tubal ligation... I have been having excruciating pain during that time of the month, and even though he couldn't see it on the ultrasound, my Dr. suspects endometriosis.

I found out that in the general population, about 10% of women get endometriosis, but endo is in about 30% of women with ME/CFS and FMS (Myalgic Encephalopathy/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia syndrome).

It seems like the rarer something is, the more likely it's going to happen to me!!! (For instance, it's rare for a woman to have two strokes caused by eclampsia during pregnancy and live, but it happened to me! And then in 2002, I had a partial-molar pregnancy, and lost that baby; I had never even heard of a partial molar pregnancy!) It seems the Lord is showing His miraculous love and power by keeping me around:).

I'm a little concerned, too, about how long it will take me to recover, and the effects this will have on me, you know, the "after shock"- the weeks and weeks it takes to recover from minor normal life happenings, much less a procedure/minor surgery!

Lord, I give myself into Your hands, in total peace and trust that You will work out everything for my best good. I can rest in Your hands! We have nothing to fear for the future except that we forget how the Lord has led in the past!!!! You, Lord, have done miracle after miracle in my life, and I trust You totally. Thank you, Lord, for this incredible peace!!!!

If anyone reads this, please say a prayer for me! Love and prayers for all, Debbie

8-28-08 TO THOSE WHO REPLIED TO MY POST, THANK YOU! I AM TRYING TO REPLY, BUT THIS NEW SYSTEM WON'T LET ME... I HOPE YOU ALL KNOW HOW GRATEFUL I AM FOR YOUR REPLIES AND PRAYERS! L?VE, DEBBIE[This Message was Edited on 08/28/2008]
  2. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

Sending you positive thoughts today.

Sorry your having to go through this.

Let us know how you are doing when you feel up to it.

gentle hugs, Susan
  3. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

I will say a prayer for you. Jenn
  4. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

I appreciate your kind words! Any strength I have comes from the Lord, because I sure don't have any in me! I think all the anesthetic is out of my system now. The pain is moderately uncomfortable. One good thing is that the little bit of extra pain med the Dr. gave me is making me feel less pain than I usually do. But my weakness is increased. It usually takes a day or two after an event for it to really impact my body, kind of like a delayed reaction. I'm leaving myself in the Lord's hands; He will help me through!

Thanks again, and God bless you!

5. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

I'm only in moderate pain; I just have to keep current with the pain meds, or else the pain gets quite uncomfortable.

While he was doing the surgery, the doc found endometriosis, scarring, and two polyps in my uterus. He removed all he could, did a D&C, and did a tubal ligation.

He says we may consider putting me into a state of menopause by giving me hormones (or supressing my hormones, I can't remember which). He said if we do this, the endometriosis will not grow back for a longer period of time than if he just does the D&C alone.

I found out that a healthy woman has a 10% chance of having endometriosis; but in women with ME/CFS and FMS, the chance of it rises to 30%.

Thanks, Susan! Love and prayers! Deb
  6. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

After posting the night before the surgery, I felt much better about the whole thing. I had the assurance that the Lord was the One Who worked it out for me to be able to have this surgery, and the He would take care of me through it! He is so good, any nervousness I had, He removed. Thanks! Love and prayers, Deb