Working with CFIDS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Boingercat, Jan 9, 2003.

1. Boingercat

Boingercat New Member

Hi all. I tried to post yesterday, but I guess it didn't work 'cause I can't find it anywhere!

Is anyone else working from home because they can't handle a regular job? I stopped my "real" job a year ago, when I went on maternity, and can't imagine being able to work outside the home AND take care of my son (hence, the work-at-home business). How is everyone else dealing??

Lauren
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hello Lauren, welcome to our world. I just checked, you original post was under a thread that 'Jellybelly' stated. Just type you name in the 'Search messages' at the top of this board, and it will bring you to your profile, at the very bottom, the two posts you made are listed there, just click on the one you want, and it will come up.

Many of us can't work anymore, these illnesses are just too much for most to deal with and a regular job too.

Again, welcome to the board, and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. teach6

teach6 New Member

Welcome to the board. I also have CFIDS along with FM and a few other things thrown in for good measure. I worked for years with CFIDS, but was tired all the time. I tried going to my doc's to find out what was wrong, but they told me everything was fine for a good 15 years, maybe more.

Finally last year I became so ill I could no longer work and my therapist actually dx'd me because she has the same dx! She also referred me to the great doc she was seeing and now he's my doc and I don't get those funny looks any more!

I started a home-based business two years ago, when I was still working full-time, and was very successful with it, even working at it part-time, less than 10 hours a week. Now I work much less than that, but I do hope to be able to get back into it more seriously within a year or two.

Meanwhile I survive on my LTD and have applied for disability retirement and SSDI, both of which have been initially denied. I have attorneys working with me and am confident I will eventually prevail.

Barbara

[ advertisement ]