Worn out

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Member, Aug 17, 2003.

1. Member

Member New Member

Hi everyone - good to be back to the board. I've been away babysitting for my grandchild and now have been trying to recuperate. Can anyone suggest a good sleep aid. I haven't had a good rest for too long. 10 days ago I got a BAD sinus infection which accelerated into an upper resp infection. I've been taking Zithromax and I haven't slept more than 3 hours last night and maybe 5 hours the night before. Feel totally wiped. Doc wanted me to stop taking one med that I had been taking for over 30 years. Took over 5 months but I did it!! However, it also enhanced sleep. So since I took the last one last week, I haven't been able to sleep. I do have ambien which I took for one night a while ago, but don't know if this would interact with Z-Pak? And, as most of you know, I'm sure, Doctors don't like to deal with these "pill" problems calls. So, to add to this fms and cfs have reared their ugly heads bigtime!! So if I can't rest, the infection won't go away either. Can anyone relate? Any suggestions, please?? Thanks much.......Member Pat
  2. JannyW

JannyW New Member

hi Pat,
    I don't think the Ambien would react with the Z-pak ... you can always call your pharmacist.

If you don't want to take the Ambien, have you tried melatonin? I know some get good relief from using that ... also valerian, or chamomile, or kava-kava -- all are used to help you relax.

Hope this is helpful.

Jan ^v^
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This is just magnesium, zinc, and vitamin B-6 in a specific formula. It is sold here. Not all ZMA products are created equally. We know the formula sold here works to enhance sleep and decrease pain. Of course, when sleep is enhanced and pain is decreased, we have more energy and are less likely to become depressed.

Go slowly at first and build up. If the ZMA makes you feel more energized instead of sleepy, take it in the afternoon and slowly more it closer to bedtime. Take only one capsule and work up to two (three for men).

ZMA is safe to take with all drugs, but because it contains magnesium, it is better to not take it with hormones or antibiotics. Also, do not take calcium before bedtime when taking ZMA. Calcium is better taken with meals for us.

Love, Mikie
  4. Member

Member New Member

Thanks, Jan for your reply. I know that chamomile is a tea but how are the other things you mentioned sold?? Is Kava Kava also a tea? Thanks again........:) Member Pat
  5. Member

Member New Member

Hi Mickie - can always count on your good advice. Thanks so much. I will definitely try to find ZMA and will look forward to some zzzzzzzzzzzzzs. Take Good Care......:) :)
    Pat
  6. Member

Member New Member

Mickie - found it!! How many tablet do you think I should start out with before bedtime? Thanks.......Pat

[ advertisement ]