Worried about a sudden increase in pain, need advise

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, Apr 29, 2010.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

Let me start by saying that I usually have some moderate to semi severe pain in my back and sides/ribs, but my vicodin/hydrocodone usually knocks it out pretty well. But the last 4 or 5 days I have been having sharp pains in my back and yesterday I had a lot more pain in my sides and back and last night I had to take another pain pill to sleep, which I usually do not. I am more than a bit worried about this being "permanent".

I know that some people have had some progressive symptoms and seen their pain and fatigue get worse since they were first diagnosed and I was wondering if anyone has had their symptoms increase suddenly like this and stay that way. I have to say that the pain in my back today was not helped that much by my pain pill :-(
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

Any sudden increase in pain that I have is normally due to something extra that I have done. If I pick up my one-year old grandson, for instance, I will feel extra pain in my arms and shoulders. It will take a few days for it to settle down to what is normal for me.

3. JLH

JLH New Member

How are you feeling now?

Sometimes an increase in pain in your chest, back, or side may not be related to fibro at all. It may be an attack of gallbladder, etc.
  4. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I too have been feeling worse. I wish I understood the reason why things get worse. I hope You feel better soon.