Worried about my daughter

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Feb 24, 2006.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

My oldest daughter works for the Driver's License Division and is one who takes you out to do your driving test. Today the person who was taking the test did something wrong and another car hit them, I really don't know all the details as of yet.This happened around 4:30 this afternoon and she called from the hospital just after 9 pm saying that she was given pain meds and that she had no broken bones but she would be in a lot of pain for the next few days.

She is to use ice for the next 2 days and then heat but the ice makes her cold and the cold mmakes her shiver which makes the aches an d pain much worse.

She has some symptoms of having fibro but you will never get her to admit to it.But she has headaches all the time and hurts in her joints all the time and forgets things too. She is still a newlywed as she was married last August. I don't know what this accident did to her. I only hope that she didn't hit her head in this accident.

When she was in her teens she drove a auto parts trucks and was in a accident and hit her head , she went from loving to go to school and going really good in it to not wanting to go to school and started having more problems with her dad, I should have had a CAT scan done but the doctors didn't think she wwas really hurt.But her personility changed so much . She was so sweet and kind a loving and now she still is loveing but she has a little sympathy for anyone, she is not compastionate, What she thinks is right is right. So as I am here at my home she called her Dad and told him what was wrong and I got the short version she is ok but will hurt for a few days and has been given pain pills. Don't worry about it. Don't they get it I still am her MOM even thought she is married and 28 years old. I want to know what happened and what is being done for this and it is not up to me anymore but to her and her husband but it is really hard for me to let go of that respondsibility.

I have 3 girls 2 are married and 1 is not but lives in Ct. and I still worry about them all . I worry about them when they are sick, hurt and mad. I am the one that ususaly gets the call that someone is sick. But being a mom for me is a lifetime thing.

So Please pray for her that she will be ok and that this pain she has will not be with her very long. thanks so much. Rosemarie
  2. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

I was just getting ready to log off and saw your post.
    I hope everthing turns out ok.
    I know how you feel, i have been thru it myself.
    As a mother we would trade spots for our children when they are in trouble in a heart beet.
    Before i lay my head down to sleep I will say a prayer for you and your family.
    Keep us posted.
    I am sending out a big hug to you right now.
    God Bless,
    Cindy
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

just remember she isn't feeling herself right now and probably just wanted to hurry up and get soem rest...

jodie
  4. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

Head injuries can change a person personality.Barbara Mandrell wrote a book about her head injury and the changes it made on her personality.I don't know the name of the book but you probably can find it on amazon.

A mother's worry never ends.No matter how old they are.My heart goes out to you.

You keep on being that great mom.So many people including myself really don't know what it feels like to have a mom like you.You are special.

Sheila
  5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

that she'll get the help she needs. You're a good mom! Terri