Worried about surgery - UPDATE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dragon06, Dec 28, 2006.

1. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

Well I went for my pre-op today. Went ok, had to get an EKG and blood tests and stuff like that. Went over the stuff to do and not to do before surgery and what to bring and what not to bring with me.

Didn't get to meet the anesthesiologist yet (will do that day of surgery) but went over medications and general anesthetic stuff. Looks like it will likely be a 2-3 hour surgery. I will probably stay in the hospital 1-3 days.

Unfortunately I had to stop one of my medications today cause you can't take it for a week before the surgery and already my neck is inflamed and I am getting headaches. I think this will make for a long week.

I also have a New Years party to go to that is too late to get out of it now so I am hoping that doesn't take too much of a toll on me. I plan to spend most of the party sitting on the couch. Hopefully I won't be too out of it.

Hopefully the week will go by fast and I can get this done and over with quickly.

[This Message was Edited on 12/29/2006]
  2. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

there isn't. I can take Tylenol but Tylenol has never worked for me at all...my doc said it cause of a hormone thing.

I can take my pain meds for the pain like Vicodin, but I can only take so many of them and they don't help the inflammation.

Hopefully the week will go by fast.