Worried about test Results

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by skyeone, Nov 14, 2005.

1. skyeone

skyeone New Member

As most may remember I had an MRI and nerve conduction tests done in Sept. and Aug. Well I asked my doc when I was gonna get those results, she told me to call the Neurologist and find out if I'm to make an app't or not. So I did.

The reseptionist answered and after going through all the priliminaries replies "Oh boy, I should have set an appointment up for you a while ago already. The earliest I have is Dec.7th at 8:30, is that ok with you?" I answered yes. She went on to say "If there are any cancellations I'll put you in and let you know, the doc needs to see you!"

She stressed ANY in her response to me, and now has me worried that my results are not good. I need straight answers, this run around sucks, even my family doc was left out of the loop by the Neurologist.

Oh I Hate Dr's And Hospitals!!!!!!!!!
    Skye
  2. darude

darude New Member

Definately call your doctor!!!! This happened to me first they thought I had anuerysm but no blood products in so said tumour and also had 40 lesions. Don't want to worry you but you don't need the anxiety on top of it. Neuro has since said to me NOT nuerological normal course of aging and tumour too small to worry about!!! Ya right!
  3. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

I'm not one to talk; I worry about all my test results but I think if something was really wrong they would have let you know by now!

I agree, call your primary doc.
  4. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Yes that would worry me and I am not usually a worrier! When I wanted to get in to see a ceratin Dr I called EVERY morning when the office opened and drove them crazy asking if they had a cancellation. After 4 days they finally saw me. You could try this and be nice about it.

Remember it could be nothing and the receptionist could be clueless. I also agree with calling your family Dr and relaying what happened. Take Care and please let us know what happens! Lynn
  5. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Neurologist office have them send copy's of those 2 reports to your GP.

I always have copy's of my test, xrays MRI cat scan blood work ext. sent to all of them .My Neurologist GP Shrink orthopedic doctor and rheumy.and Myself.

I have all of the copy's of all my reports at home.That way if I see a new doctor I send them a copy of all I have.

When its a routine visit what ever they dictate for copy in my file i get mailed to me.

Its wonderful to keep my own records .All my other visits with new doctors are made so simple this way,Plus was able to copy every thing for the law firm that did my SSD case.Also for the firm thats handling my civil case for my LTD.

You never know when you might need them.

Hang in there .Ill keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Gentle hugs
    sue
  6. skyeone

skyeone New Member

Thanks to all of you for your concern. My family doc only works on Thursdays and has told me all she knows unfortunately. She wasn't getting the results from the Neurologist which is why she told me to call the Neurologist myself.

As for getting copies of all my results sent to my place I wish I could, the trouble is here in Manitoba Canada they don't do that. Test results have to go to the Family Dr, or the Dr that ordered them. Occasionally, depending on the type of test and where it was performed it will go to both.

But I am thinking of going to my family doc's office and asking to see my file, then take it somewhere to get photocopied. At least that way I'd have all the info myself as well. Perhaps when I do get to see the Neurologist I will be able to get copies of his reports too.

Thanks again,
    Skye