Worried for my husband

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Beadlady, May 9, 2013.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

My husband is a Disabled Veteran from a knee injury--has had several surguries--needs to have it replaced but who knows when. He suffers from pain 24/7 from his knee & hip pain--this has been going on for years.

He hasn't been sleeping well and has been under alot of stress with his job. We are thankful he has a job and we have insurance.

He is a shipping/receiving & delivery person for a small contruction supply company. His co-workers are idiots {that is being nice} and I wish they knew what it meant to be a "team player" instead of sitting on their butts playing with their phones & computers all day instead of helping to get the supplies on the shelves. **especially when the boss is gone**

He has a dr appt coming up soon--so maybe that will help.

Thanks for just letting me vent.

Bead
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

That sounds so grueling - to be in pain 24/7. As others here suffer from also.

I put up a prayer card (post-it :) here at my desk for your husband, and prayers for you. That is so hard that he is not sleeping. I had a few times of insomnia, and it was so miserable. Praying for that for him, and for his work situation.

I like to pray also for God to just saturate us with his love! To come into our sufferings, so that we receive him more fully. That keeps me going in my life. Believing that Jesus will be working good into everything in our lives.

It is a great mystery how he does this, but I believe that he does.

Will be keeping your husband in my prayers. I just know that God loves him so much. I don't know much else in life :)

Blessings,
    Judy
  3. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Thank you very much for your prayers!! very much appreciiated !

Love,
    Bead
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Hi Bead,
    Sorry, this is a bit late for your post. Sorry to hear about your husband. I know how aggravating it is to watch able bodied men playing with their toys when they should be working, women too !!! I hope your DH is doing better and in less pain and that the doctor visit helped some. It isn't just the kids but this society is just going to pot with all these toys.

For awhile I have had a smart phone but when the time is up I will be giving it up probably for flip phone. I can see where they are addicting. It is also very expensive so at least I am giving mine up. DH may keep his and then I can use the features once in awhile. I like it keep closer to my family and see what they are doing but the way some of these people are on it is just to much, I think.

Gotta fun for now. Thinking and praying for your DH.

Love,
    Granni
  5. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Hi,
    Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers. His dr. visit unfortunately did not go very well. It is a new dr. at the VA clinic and she knows nothing about orthopedics but said she wants to change the medications he takes--particular the pain meds. His response to her was: I would gladly stop taking these meds IF you can get my knee replaced or get me 100 % disability. He told her he needs to take the meds at night so he can work the next day. There were some other things they didn't agree on too. But, for now he has refills on his medication. :)
  6. windblade

windblade Active Member

Bead, I see that you posted this on June 2. How is your husband doing now?

Is the refilled med for his knee pain or for sleeping? So glad you found your way back here!

Still praying for your DH, and all others here who need continuous prayer.

Blessings to you and your DH and fur baby. Blessings for your home and work and health. Amen.

Love, Judy