Worried my son may have CF. My son is home from

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjcookie, Jul 22, 2008.

1. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

college this summer and he sleeps all the time. I know college kids do that but I mean until 4:00 p.m. and then he says he is tired. He usually gets in about midnight and goes right to bed. We went to visit his campus a couple of weeks ago and he honestly slept all the time. He would get up in the afternoon and we would go do something and he would come back and nap. He did a sleep study and didn't have sleep apnea. Now he may do some other tests. I'm just worried he has something that I passed on. I have Fibro.

Anyone have kids with these symptoms?
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

both my daughter and son had glandular fever, sleeping all the time, tired. This can take months to go and the tests for it are not reliable but your son should still see a doctor. My son did not have heavy fevers with it though some people do.

My daughter has had M.E. (CFS) since then, she was 15 and now 31 but has managed to have a full like.

My son has had all sorts of illnesses the past two years, shingles, mumps, inner ear problems that cause vertigo still ongoing besides the glandular fever. I think he is certain to get CFS which is just devastating.

Glandular fever can go on for months and then right into CFS so keep an eye on him. I'm afraid there's no quick cure and I'm really sorry your son is feeling like this.

love Rosie
  3. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

can figure it out.