Worried you'll get worse?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LISALOO, Feb 11, 2007.

1. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

I'm so worried that I'll continue to get worse. Everyday it's like, I can't handle it now, how will I do it then? I'm only 29, what will 40, 50 be like?

How do you handle this?
  2. GigglePoet

GigglePoet New Member

Keep Swinging Girl Until You Hit the Ball!!! you have to hit it sometime. I have had this 20 years, but have lots of problems, It is hard that hubby has not invested in finding an answer for me when he himself is a Doctor ( DVM),but you rest a while and get your second wind and then you get your strenght up and go at it again. I was 27 and I can say it will get better but you will have to make some change's and there will be times you can't do it...But Keep Hitting....hand in there with me! K!

HUZZzzzzzzzzzzz Dee
  3. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

I feel like I could go through every solution and still not find the key. I mean for the people who have had it for 20 years, I'm sure a lot have tried everything and are still not better. So I get frustrated. I'm running out of things to try to. I feel a lot that I wish I had a terminal disease.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/11/2007]
  4. GigglePoet

GigglePoet New Member

Lisa,
    I understand where you are coming from!!! Just hang in there..and do get some counceling. I did not do this and this is something I regret and am going to start soon!
    Hang in there!!!!!

lots of HUGZZZ Dee
  5. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

You are young and your body will come online. You have the advantage of the upcoming stem cell research, and the fact the CFS is now a recognized disease. There are new treatments out there. Find a good CFS doctor who will run the tests and treat your system defects. You'll get at least 90% well and manage the 10%.

Best wishes,
    CherylSue
  6. discoverygal

discoverygal New Member

I'm worried too Lisa. I was diagnosed 4 months ago and have gotten worse and worse each month for the past 8 months. But keep researching, trying, reading, moving. Don't give up and I won't either. You will find what works for you and I will find what works for me. Don't give in to the worry and I won't either.
  7. achingbytch

achingbytch New Member

As I verge on full tilt senility:) I handle things quite differently in the last 6 months. I'm not sure what clicked but there's a part of me that sort of gave up on caring what anyone thinks after spending most of my life worrying about what everyone thinks. I feel it's come out of accepting clear limitations on both physical and mental abilities. I push my 'envelope' to remain working, involved in the world, but now its solely on my terms, meaning I refuse to stay at the office until 9pm or work weekends to meet deadlines. I'm looking for a community to move to as I near retirement or disability. I'm trying to save money. I've gotten rid of alot of 'stuff', old clothes, papers, crap that's accumulated. I do what makes me happ(ier) and stop second guessing myself and listening to that pain-in-the-butt inner voice that nags all the time to be busy, clean, cook, do something...when i need to rest instead.
    I'm shopping for my own burial arrangements also, something both parents left me to handle without a dime. I'm learning to live with doing less and with less and being able to accept that and not judge myself as a failure for it. But one thing I am terrified as I live alone, is being so ill I have to be confined somewhere and at the mercy of strangers. I do not think I could live that way...
  8. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

Thank you for all your kind words. I was hoping after three years I would have gotten the CFS improved.