worse after OT; Going to pain mgmt center Tues

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by schaken, Jul 16, 2006.

1. schaken

schaken New Member

Hi all,

Sorry I have not been on the board for awhile. Between working, occupational therapy, and keeping up with my regular life I have not been on the computer for awhile.

OK. I had 22 sessions of OT. 18 were massage type therapy and the last 4 were pool therap.

I have not felt this bad in years. My pain level is at an almost constant 7 to 8. The pain is extremely bas in my pelvic area. I also took a tumble down the last 3 steps to my basement. Just lost my balance. I now have what feels like electric shocks going thru my feet. My neck, shoulders, thighs and feet, and hands all feel swollen and constantly stiff.

I would quit work if I could, but I have to pay my bills.

Has aanyone been to a pain management center?

Thanks in advance

Leslie
  2. TAM

TAM New Member

HI Leslie,

I'm so sorry that made your pain so much worse,and then to take a tumble down the last three steps of your basement you poor thing like you were'nt already hurting bad enough. My heart goes out to you.

I have been to three pain management centers, however none of them worked out for me. The meds they put me on made me more ill. And i am unable to do water exercises because water hurts to touch my skin its all i can do to shower because it feels like tons of needles going threw my skin.

However pain management centers can be a wonderful helpful place for so many people so i hope the one you go to works out for you because you deserve a break from all your pain.

I wish you all the best and i also wish you better health and lots of happiness.

Take care, Tammy.
  3. schaken

schaken New Member

I am only authorized one visit. It is to recommend something to my Doctor.

So far I have been on Milnapricin (drug study) and cymbalta.

Now all I am taking is tylenol. It is not good for my stomach though.

Leslie