worse at night?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ncgirl, Jul 3, 2003.

1. ncgirl

ncgirl New Member

Just wondering if anyone's symptoms are substantially worse at night. Specifically, I notice that at night I get very lightheaded, weak, dizzy...and when I am standing I feel worse. Also accompanied by nausea. Perhaps this is related to my lack of sleep...insomnia most nights. But I truly feel much more sick at night. Also, I get a feeling of heat rising in my body up to my head...break out in a sweat. Does this all sound nuts or can anyone relate?
  2. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

Seems lately, the pain is worse at night for me. It keeps me up, can't sleep. Then the next day, its hard to deal with the lack of sleep the night before.

I am working on getting the pain under control right now to be able to sleep better.

I sometimes get this feeling of heat rising from muscles, it was one of the first symptoms when first being diagnosed with Fibro. I still get that too, like a heat rising from my muscles.

3. bitter-sweet

bitter-sweet New Member

As the night goes on I get worse. I don't sleep well. My pain gets worse and my hands swell. I'm up and down all night, but by morning I feel sick. I have on a few occasions (it always happens at night) been up to the bathroom because I felt sick. I get abdominal pain, weak and short of breath, and have had to lie down on the bathroom floor until it passes. I know others here have had that experience too.