Worse Back Pain Ever

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SusanEU, Feb 28, 2006.

1. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

All along my pain has been manageable, my worst symptoms are the insomnia, anxiety, dizziness.

I woke up in the night like someone had punched me hard in the back for first time. Could hardly move, took an extra lorazepam for sleep and super strength motrin.

Still so sore today. Is this something that will happen from time to time. I now really understand the needs for stronger pain meds.

Thanks for any advice.

Sue
  2. lana33

lana33 New Member

I too have some days where my back pain and other pain is very bad. Most days it is between a 6 and 8 on the pain scale of 1-10.

However, I had an episode that sounds sort of like what you have. I started having spasms that would go up and down like labor pains. I was awake all night. I decided I did not want to go to the emergency room. So I called my pain doc the next morning.

His nurse told me to come in to the doctor. But by the time I received a call back from the doc's office, the pain had subsided somewhat and I thought maybe it was getting better.

It was and I don't know what caused it. But the next time I saw the doc, he thought it may have been nerve pain sort of that is caused with my sciatic pain.

I have been on the duragesic patch for 2 1/2 years. I don't know what I would do without it.

I have no intentions of trying to stop taking it right now. This type of pain is really bad on a person.

Maybe you can be referred to a pain physician. Before that happens try soaking in epsom salt. An epsom salt hot bath is good. Wait till you are able to at least lye down for a while and rest.

Hugs,
    Lana
  3. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I am just resting today, if I sit still, it is ok and I'm passed the point of feeling guilty when I can't do stuff.

My dizziness is more anxiety related, not constant, only if I get hot or nervous when I go somewhere, but I appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks again for taking the time,

Sue