Worse in last 3 months - what do you all do to stop yourself going mad? rop

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shelbo, Nov 26, 2008.

1. shelbo

shelbo New Member

I've not been able to go out all the last three months and all my symptoms seem to be increasingly worse...I'm super stressed about the future as I seem to be more chemically sensitive...
    I am so limited in what I can do? What do those quite badly affected here do to stop themselves falling into the pit of depression... I'm feeling more and more beaten down by this DD... I was always a fighter but this is taking the pleasure out of everything..
    I've tried puzzles to try to stop my brain seizing up altogether but my eyes hurt and my head bangs..
    I'm so fed up of the unpredictability of this DD..last night I got two hours sleep cos out of nowhere and for reasons unknown to me I itched all over furiously all night.. I hate this for months once and I live in total dread of it coming back for as long as it did last time (or longer)..
    This DD makes a person a depressed, anxious and constantly in fear of what might be coming next..
    How does everyone manage, fight the feeling of negativity? How do you occupy yourself (within these tight limitations we all have)??
    Sorry for the negativity.....I'm at a low point today...the itching terrifies me as I don't have the resources to cope with that symptom on top of everything else.....it's a real &^%*$...my hearts been beating like billy-o all day...
    Thanks for understanding! Shelbo
  2. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I completely understand you. I have had this 20 years and have severe arthritis too from 2 bad car wrecks neither my fault.

I guess I have have just come to a point of acceptance. I think we all have to do that at some point.

I do get somewhat depressed for short periods of time. I play a lot of games online and have met a lot of good friends that way. I do what I can when I can and I do force myself to go to town with my hubby about once a week if it is not too cold. You do have to make yourself go out from time to time.

Sorry that you are going through this.
  3. Empower

Empower New Member

I am with you - same things going on with me

Worse in the last 2 months

I HAVE been under alot more stress

Don't know what I am going to do

4. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I can only speak for myself..I have been under an incredible amount of stress lately and I know there is a direct correlation with the way I feel physically and mentally.

The past few years my pain has been much worse and getting worse it seems. I work outside of the home part time, and also have two other part time jobs. I feel like my head is spinning all the time. I have always been a very positive person, but feeling rather low lately, which that in itself is scary.

I rarely go anywhere except work. I have ZERO motivation to do anything else - even when I have an okay day pain wise. My husband does all errands, grocery shops etc. I don't visit friends or do anything fun outside of the home.

One thing I have noticed since my downward spiral (the last few months) is the lack of balance in my life and too much stress. I absolutely have to get a handle on that. Looking back, even though I was still in pain, I think I had a little better control, therefore a little better outlook and not so down mentally.

For me, that's what I need to work on - the mental part...finding that balance again, doing whatever I can to eliminate stress that I have control over. If I don't work on that, each day will just repeat itself with no change in sight. I don't want that. I want to smile again, I want to look forward to things. I want to live and enjoy life.
  5. poets

poets Member

I've been faced with incredible stress for months on end now and with the holidays coming on, it makes it all even worse. Then tomorrow my mother-in-law who is completely medically ignorant, is coming to stay a few days and coming back at Christmas for who knows how long. I've sent her information countless times on FMS and it just WON"T sink in. She questions every little thing and is always very argumentative with an answer for everything. I could just scream. And I've been in horrible pain for months still trying to get on with a new doctor that my GP was supposed to send my records to. I just got over a horrible panic attack. I feel like I just want to get in the car and drive somewhere far far away from all this until the holidays are over.

I'm sure a lot of us with the pain and fatigue feel this way. How do we survive? I guess my answer is that I pray my way through. That's the only way I can make it. I pray through the tears. I love my mother-in-law but she keeps entirely different hours-early to bed and early to rise, and Adam and I get so flared we can hardly function. Then he loses sleep and I worry about him having seizures. You can't help but wonder, what next, and I'm itching as well. I think that it's a combination of dry air and stress.

Well, enough about me. Here's hoping all of you out there find a way to make it through the Holidays without too much "damage." I'll toss in a prayer for us all. I surely understand. I'm right there with you.

Gentle Hugs,
  6. ppriced

ppriced New Member

I am going through the same thing.

What is something you are interested in? What I do is read. A LOT. Just to keep my mind occupied helps. Then wehn I am feeling the worse I just sleep. Taking Ebson salt baths helps with pain. Plus don't forget to take your pain meds. Some of them can cause itching.

I am in a really bad way right now. I have lost allmy family including my sons. No one talks to me anymore. I can't pay all my bills and have to go to court for credit card co. suing me. There will be no Christmas this year. I can't even buy my twins anything. This is the worst depression I have felt in a while. It usaully last only a few days but this time it has been glooming on me for months. I even thought about checking myself into a hospital. But then my family would hate me even more.

I have to go have a tumor cut out of my left breast next month and none of my family has even ask me about it. I told my son and he hasn't said anything about it. My sisters haven't spoke to me in months.

I am on the verge of a breakdown or ending it all. I can't take much more.

I wish uou luck and please try some ofthe things I suggested or go to your doc and tel him how you feel.
  7. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

I could have written poets post myself as my Mom is the same and coming to visit for a week next week - DH will be away but even he is getting fed up with me because I can't cope with anything much anymore and life is so restricted for us.

Shelbo - I have MCS too and it has made things much harder. I try to get a lot of fresh air in my home even when it is cold and I have cut myself out of most things because the MCS makes it difficult to be around people, go to malls etc.

I also like others feel run into the ground from mental and physical stress - I just want a break of about ten years on a desert island (not too hot) where I can be away from life's and people's demands and expectations.

I find this board a great comfort - there are always people in the same boat as me.

Bunchy x
  8. 2sic2mooov

2sic2mooov New Member

I say canoe becasue they tip so much easier and thats what this life if like. Feeling like when you may finally get a little better and balanced....WHAM a big storm comes and just tips you over and you feel like you are struggling under the dark and cold world.

I get very angry, which you would think wioud make you more driven to get better, or find answerws, but in reality it just make you weak and tired. And then that anger turns to real depression and the anquish it causes is just unbearable. I also let the fear drive me...when I get all sorts of strange reactions and the symptom list just builds adn builds,. Insomnia is my greatest enemy at this time. I have tried all to turn that around and even just last night tried something new otc....I think what has sent me into a weak, dizzy spin that has me faint and heart hammmering like crazy. of course then you feel like youre goingt o die and nothing shall fix you.

I guess for me is talking to someone, anyonw about how you feel. They may be sick of hearing it and have no answers for you , but it has to come out or itwill eat you up. Then, jsut making sure your doctors have no new tx or advice for you. THen you feel you have taken the control to get your questions anwereed and some fears alleviated. Then, I would say for me is to try relaxation stuff like music, and taking me OUT of my own situation like reading an upifting book, or trying to watch tv. )is hard to concentrate sometimes, but it passed the time and distracts negative thoughts.)

My biggest advice for self help is to REMEMBER times that were better even in the midst of this disease. For me, I have been in a flare for allmost 2 years, but have had SOME sort of remission in the past 8 years of having this. The past few months have also been horribe for me, and going down hill fast. i have been stessing aobut holidays and such...not so much outwardly, but inwardly and feeling guilt ahead of time for the things i might not be able to do for me kids, family, house. I know I have a problem letting that go and may just have to be one of those times that things wont get done "right" or perfects. And that has to be OK.

I have also gone through the itching. Sometimes a reaction to meds or foods...sometimes to stress. Take a good look at your INNER stress level.What are you saying to yourself, asking of yourself, expectiong of yourself. When maybe we just have to let it run its course and let it be and have faith that it will be "almost" be OK again...Thats what im trying to tell myself today.....
    Happy THanksgiving even though it all!