worsening of symptoms as the day goes on???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sstar4353, Sep 7, 2003.

1. sstar4353

sstar4353 New Member

Has anyone in the message area experienced worsening of your symptoms as the day gets going? By 4:00 or 5:00 I can hardly move, my muscles in my legs are so weak the cannot lift me from a sitting position without my pushing myself up with my also fatiguing arms.. Just curious.
  2. TrustGod2003

TrustGod2003 New Member

Hi,
    As soon as I get up in the morning I am tired as as the day goes on, I do get worse. Also, I am on pain med and have been for awhile and I do believe this has made me worse with fatigue. I am hoping to be able to get off.
  3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Every now and then, I have days where I feel like a 'normal.' Most days, even if they aren't really bad days, by mid afternoon, my legs are cramping and I'm more fatigued.

I think you will find many who feel the same way!

Hope this helps!

Hugs,

Kim
  4. libra55

libra55 New Member

Yes, this has definitely been my experience. I start out pretty stiff but somewhat rested (I take sleep meds). I have organized my days so I can get any physical work which needs tending to done during the early part of the day which is the better part of the day for me. Laundry, light housecleaning, garden work, appointments, grocery, etc.

After 3 o'clock it all goes downhill. I am very achy and experience the heavy arms and legs you describe. Usually my brain is still pretty good at this point, so I do my mental work - phone calls, bills, paperwork, etc.

After supper, I completely lose it. I am good for nothing. My brain is all fogged and my body is in agony. This is the time when I snap off at my husband and kids because my tank is just totally empty and I have no more to give and no patience for anything.

And yes like many on this board I overdo it because I know I have only a certain window of time before I crash and burn.

Michelle
  5. mycatprint

mycatprint New Member

especially after dark. My family has teased me about being a vampire for years. lol

hope you feel better

hugs from Cat