WORST FLARE UP - VERY SCARED!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bobolee, Jan 28, 2003.

1. bobolee

bobolee New Member

I have been having problems with thyroid disease since Sept. then in Nov. had a car accident. Now I am very scared as I realize I am having a major flare up that is worse than anything I have ever had. I am VERY scared. I have never had such tiredness in my legs, I feel like they weigh a ton and can barely walk in the am. I also have pain in my chest and rib area. What is scary is that it tends to "move" so that I feel like a hypochondriac. This morning I found myself VERY dizzy when getting up froma sitting position. I am in a panic. Also VERY depressed - How long can this be like this?????? I have had flare ups, but not of this magnitude - ADVICE PLEASE
  2. debbiem31

debbiem31 New Member

Sorry I don't have much advice, but you're very normal. FM patients do have a different pain every day it seems like. It's not very fun when you don't know what's going to hurt when you wake up in the morning...
    Have you seen your doctor? Are you on any meds?

Good luck to you, I hope you start feeling better...
    Debbie
  3. genevieve

genevieve New Member

Hi bobolee,

Sorry to hear you are going through such a bad time.##Don't know much about thyroid problems but is it worth chrcking out if you are on the correct medication for this?

Also the car accident, have you had a chiropractor/osteopath (someone properly trained in backs/necks which doctors are not) look at your back as I have a lot of probelms with my back and neck and if things are slightly out of alignment it can have quite profound effects in some people and also have effects on your autonomic nervous system.

With best wishres,

Hope things pick up a bit soon,

Genevieve
  4. lagm31

lagm31 New Member

bobolee--You should go in an see your Dr. The Dizziness might have to do with vertigo. You are not a hypochondriac. I was involved in an auto accident back in the fall of 1998. And that is how I ended up with Fibro. I had all the symptoms you are talking about. Hang in there. I to have the Thyroid problems, plus depression and other things...My list is long but I am always trying to hang in there. I know the days are not as easy as everyone says, but believe me you'll get through it...TAKE 1 DAY AT A TIME....You are never alone always remember that....lagm31
  5. Bree

Bree New Member

I HAVE USED KEYWORD: THYROID......PULL IT UP AND ALL OF YOUR FEAR IS IN VAIN ~~~~~~~
    I TAKE MEDS FOR MY THYROID........A SMALL DOSE." LEVOXYL"
    O.5 MG. A DAY........SOMEONE HAS SCARED THE HELL OUT OF YOU AND THAT IS CRUEL!!
    WHAT I WANTED YOU TO KNOW IS THIS: "IF" YOU HAVE CANCER??
    IT IS THE BEST TO HAVE ( WHATEVER THIS MEANS)
    PLEASE GO TO THE PROPER DOC.....TELL HIM/HER WHAT HAS HAPPENED. IT WILL ASSURE YOU THAT YOU WILL NOT DIE AT THE WORD "CANCER".........
    PLEASE, USE YOUR "KEYWORD" YOU CAN FIND EVERYTHING YOU WANT!!!! I WILL SAY A PRAYER FOR YOU RIGHT THIS MINUTE!!!!!
    SO? Shhhhhhhhhh.
    OK........" EXPECT A MIRACLE".........
    BLESSINGS TO YOU & YOURS~~~
    bree~
    Lakeland, FL.
    arden100533@aol.com
  6. PrincessofYoga

PrincessofYoga New Member

I have similar flare ups some times. I am working part time now (30 hours a week) and have reduced my stress level to a very small amount.

The best thing you can do for yourself, read read read! A good doctor is hard to find but unfortunately necessary for any type of relief. I bet you are scared, I get scared like that too. Its hard to feel things in your body that you know arent right, yet its not something that people can see (like a broken arm or something) so most dont understand. We all do,...we all care...

Please, ask around. You are NOT a hypocondriac. Of course you are depressed...who wouldnt be with pain like that.

We are cheering for you. I wish i had an answer but I dont .

Hang in there sweetie

Namaste
    LIsa
  7. layinglow

layinglow New Member

The dizziness, pain, and concrete limbs you describe, are very much a part of these disorders. Don't be scared, don't feel like a hypochondriac. We have all been in the same place, and are here for you. The advice to take each day, as it comes is good. These flares vary--but they do usually come to an end, bringing relief. I am always amazed at the new symptoms and pain these disorders manifest. Sometimes it seems like a roller coaster ride, with it's highs and lows. Try to relieve the stress and panic you are feeling--that really takes its toll, and lengthens these flares. Find relaxing, soothing activities, and pamper yourself. There will be an end.
    Best Wishes,
    LL