worst month ever

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibolady, Sep 13, 2002.

1. fibolady

fibolady New Member

i don't want to sound like a crybaby but boy things have really been piling up with the fibo. i just want to wake up one morning and feel like my old self, it is so tiring.
    enough crying over spilt milk.

i am supposed to go to our mountain house this weekend, daughter away at retreat, woke up feeling "yuk" just want to stay home but i am going, i only made it up once this summer. it seems the longer i deal with this fms the more i am content to "stay home" it is such a big deal to run a few errands most weeks.

i have had more headaches this month than ever. i went off the zma because it was something new i was trying. (and the tramadol i stopped and went back to my ultram after reading the posts on headaches from the tramadol, thanks) my skull is actually sore to touch on one side (still for days) the pain was so bad. veins popped out and hurt like ----! does this happen to anyone else.

my counselor told me to get my mind off the pain to "do something for someone else." they just don't get it, when i am in such a flare with the fatigue i can't even cook dinner for my family. who gets it, but us?

the computer had been down for days, hard drive went bad, now that it is up guess i needed to vent real bad! wish me luck and look forward to catching up on the news tonight with the board.

warm regards, fibolady

2. fibolady

fibolady New Member

i don't want to sound like a crybaby but boy things have really been piling up with the fibo. i just want to wake up one morning and feel like my old self, it is so tiring.
    enough crying over spilt milk.

i am supposed to go to our mountain house this weekend, daughter away at retreat, woke up feeling "yuk" just want to stay home but i am going, i only made it up once this summer. it seems the longer i deal with this fms the more i am content to "stay home" it is such a big deal to run a few errands most weeks.

i have had more headaches this month than ever. i went off the zma because it was something new i was trying. (and the tramadol i stopped and went back to my ultram after reading the posts on headaches from the tramadol, thanks) my skull is actually sore to touch on one side (still for days) the pain was so bad. veins popped out and hurt like ----! does this happen to anyone else.

my counselor told me to get my mind off the pain to "do something for someone else." they just don't get it, when i am in such a flare with the fatigue i can't even cook dinner for my family. who gets it, but us?

the computer had been down for days, hard drive went bad, now that it is up guess i needed to vent real bad! wish me luck and look forward to catching up on the news tonight with the board.

warm regards, fibolady

3. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

So sorry you've been ill.

Actually the peace in the mountains might be good for you. No ringing phones (hopefully!), etc. Just try to pace yourself & get what rest you can. Try to get some quiet time, as that sounds important to you (I've gotta have my quiet time or I'm not fit to live w/, lol!)

Take care, glad your back w/ us, let us know how your weekend went. Michele

Just remembered there was a very recent thread on either migraines or headaches...lots of helpful info...you may want to search messages if you missed it cause your comp. was down.
  4. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

don't want to do. There are more symtoms every year for us. Too tirering. I do push myself to get out and this 5 day a week theropy is killing me. I come home and flop.

Good luck and if someone could do all the work maybe you would enjoy the change of senery. Have a good weekend Kim and Gary
  5. selma

selma New Member

Good for you. Congrats on being able to just think of going. It's OK to feel yukky and not want to do; actually it's normal for us. Hard as it is to believe.

I went out for first time in at least a year, maybe 2,or three years tonight. Didn't go out during days much during the 17 years/Couldn't...
    Taking Provigil for a few days now.
    Even so it was a struggle to know if I could make it.
    I did it! soo I know that YOU CAN. most times when someone says that I know you can. I think to myself Boy they have no clue. Take meds. whatever it takes. I had refused to think that I had to use meds for this DD. I am a Nurse and a counselor. I had the body and mind covered.

Well God had the means for me to feel better, I wasn't listening.
    Some times He tells us to just be.

God bless you. You are source of Love to us all.

Hope that you can make it. If you can't accept that you are where you are supposed to be. And just be.

Love and hugs, Selma
  6. fibolady

fibolady New Member

thanks guys for the replies. can you believe i slept the first night until 11 am uninterrupted and the second night too! no noise, no dogs barking, no cars, no phones ringing. i could live like this forever, of course with my computer and support group!

maybe some of us were not meant to live in the city, i used to think living in the city was exciting when i was young. now i can't wait to get away.

back to the highway tomorrow at 70 mph. geeez.

warm regards, fibolady
  7. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

Great to hear. 70MPH! Take care and be safe, Kim and Gary