Worst New Years Eve Ever sorry, need to vent

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Michelle_NZ, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

Hi everyone

I really need to tell some people who will really understand when I say why I have just had the worst new years eve ever.

Initially, my boyfriend told me that he had invited a few friends over for dinner for new years... this I was happy about because I cannot tolerate loud sounds due to extreme noise sensitivity.

Anyway, during the day before the big night he and his flatmate are out buying heaps of stuff for a huge partty... margarita, cointreau, beer, wine, shot glasses, etc etc.. moving all the furniture around so peopole can dance etc

At this point I asked how many people were coming and wheter it was going to be a huge party or not... neither of them could really answer me.

This was about 5pm and I seriously considered going home even tho I would have been by myself, which would have been horrible. Anyway I decided to stay, and it was a disaster.

It turned out to be a HUGE party with very loud music, lots of drinking, lots of dancing, you get the picture.

By 8pm I was already wearing my earplugs, by 9.30 pm I could stand no more and went to his bedroom and put on industrial ear muffs over the ear plugs... the music was sitll incredibly loud and they were all shouting and stomping and yahooing as you do (I did all this when I was young and before I got sick so I understand).

So there I was alone in the bedroom while everone else had a great time... I stayed up til 12pm so I could at least say happy new year to my boyfriend.

I tried to sleep, but has anyone tried sleeping wearning industrial ear muffs? Its not very comfortable.

The party went till 4.45am and now I am shattered, knowing that I will take about a week to recover from this.

Today I am feeling so low and sad about the fact that I cant do all the things I used to be able to do. I feel like I am missing out on my life. I am sick of being sick, I hate being this way, I am sick of taking pills and eating special food. I am also sick of spending most of my time by myself and feeling horrible all the time.

sorry, I dont mean to be depressing, but there is no where else I can say all this and have people undersrtand what I mean.

I do wish you all a happy new year, and I truly hope 2007 is better for all of us.

Take care
    Michelle
  2. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

i understand 100 percent.
    its a hard day to deal with, but what day isnt.
    Not only do we not get to enjoy the event, but it actually can make us feel worse...and thats not kewl.
    When i leave the family gathering room tonight and hide out in solitude..ill probably be feeling dizzy, anxious, tired and sad....like usual. BUT i will be having a private convo with God....
    #1 giving thanks for what info/resources he has given me this year.
    #2 to guide me, inform me and help me recover this year.
    But ya, ill be pretty sad myself.
    THIS YEAR GOOD THINGS WILL COME. FOR US BOTH.
    Take care michelle and here's to a healthy happy 2007!
  3. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

Thank you for your response Monica...

Happy New year to you

Take care
    Michelle
  4. pamj

pamj New Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your New Year's Eve. I truly understand, as I've been in situations like this a few times during the past 5 years. I know that feeling when everyone is loud and having fun, and you just want to sleep and feel like you can't take anymore.

I'm glad you came here to vent. We're going to get bummed out during events like this, and we need to be able to express our feelings. Being able to be open with my husband & family is what helps me keep my sanity.

I hope you're able to rest & bring yourself back up a level this week. I wish you peace, happiness, and better health in the new year!

hugs,
    Pam :)
  5. thepkk

thepkk Guest

Sorry your new year Sucked. I just went to bed and slept though it. Christmas was blue enough for me I didn't need all that blah blah about the new year!
    I am glad that some people on here have family to vent to. My son's seem to have deserted me. My boyfriend doesn't understand. And my roommate is always worse off. I feel like I just want to sit in a corner and cry, but it would hurt to much to get back up.
    I keep reading on here to try this try that problem is I can't afford all these supplements they are talking about. I barely make it on my social security and my part D was suppose to start so I could get some of the meds that help some. But of course my card didn't work. and they were closed today due to holiday. Pain never takes a holiday or depression.
    Good luck with yours and I hope you have a better year I won't say happy, because I don't know what that is anymore.
  6. survivor13

survivor13 New Member

hi michelle

my husband and i had planned to have a night in front of the telly with a take away curry and a snuggle up!! as i like you cannot stand the 'party' scene or the 'pub' scene these days apart from the effort of actually going out and doing it the getting ready bit before hand seems to wipe me out too!!! Anyway to cut a long story short my wonderful understanding hubby has been ill himself over christmas with a severe ear infection and was in bed all over new year too so i sat ere with my laptop and some cold quiche as i could nt be bothered to eat a take away alone,how sad?? so mine was total crap too michelle b ut not as bad as yours,poor you. I really hope that 2007 brings you and us all a bit of an easier time of it because this constant battle we fight is very wearing on the body and on the patience!!
    happy new year (((((hugs)))))
  7. juliejo

juliejo New Member

Michelle i fully understand how you must have felt as i too would'nt have been able to stand all the noise etc either.

I hope when you read this that you are feeling alot better and wish you A Happier New year to come.

We now stay in (ALONE), my choice and just sit a veg by the tele.
    Yes i do feel i miss out on parties, social gathering's etc too but i just can't stand any form of noise at all now.

Sending hugs to you and once again hope you have got over this.
    Julie jo.
  8. cma331

cma331 New Member

Happy New Year All....

I will add my self to the list ; of a terrible holiday year. So I know how you are all feeling. The only thing I looked foward to; was it being over.

My Children were scattered....and I was alone.

But what I did do NY Eve, was to go online , into Pogo's game room......And met up with a few of my online friends. We chatted and watched the Ball come down together....and said HNY to everyone.

It might sound trite..but i did not feel alone.

I was actually smiling and laughing.

Might be something to try more; when I am alone.

Carole
  9. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

Thanks for your responses.

I'm also sorry that so many of us are having to go through these types of experiences.

I'm trying to think positively - it is the start of a new year, and I'm telling myself that it will be better than last year.

I hope you are all having some peace and good feelings today.

Take care
    Michelle
  10. nightngale

nightngale New Member

Well I didn't even have to worry about a party cause we were'nt invited anywhere, and me and hubs were sick as dogs. I had a flu/cold? virus and broke out in a fever and chills and was in bed at 10:00 shivering away till the meds kicked in. I'm getting tired of holiday expectations.
    I called my daughter at midnight and had to listen to her drunken rambling till she got another call. Then my son called and was mad that I din't pick up cause she was crying about being alone. Blah! I worked my butt off getting Christmas together and then crashed with 2 colds and a stomach virus! I actually wanted to party but if try to drink I get sick as a dog too. It was actually nice being in bed except for the sick part. I'm sorry you couldnt party with the party animals!
  11. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

I am so sorry that you had a rough New Year's Eve, that pretty much describes the Christmas party/dinner i was at with my family last year.

I could not handle all of the noise. I went upstairs to lay down and ugh still the bass booming was still too much lol.

Anyway I hope you have a good year regardless of how everything began.

Many hugs.
  12. survivor13

survivor13 New Member

Hey there

Even though you say your friends are decent people you must have been so hurt that they did not bring anything to help out in the 1st place then to watch while you cleared up after them after you had prepared the evening in the 1st place with your problems must have hurt you,even if just a little bit.
    My advice to you is to look through the posts,there is one entitled 'letter to normals' or something similar and it describes how we feel and states all those difficulties and feelings that we just dont tell people because we strive to be 'normal' like they are. When you find this post Cat, print off how ever many copies you have friends and post them all one. Im sure it will humble them and make them think just how they have treated you over new year and if they have any concience you should get a flood of lovely dinner party invites to make up for their shallow behaviour!! Sorry did nt mean to go off in a rant but i felt so sorry for you after all your hard work you got little recognition. Id still send them the letter though lol
    Hope to hear from you soon to say you have done it and have a full social calender till easter!!
    best wishes and have fun posting
    xxxxxxx(((((hugs)))))xxxxxxxx