Worst Two Weeks of My Life

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by doglover5, Mar 21, 2007.

  1. doglover5

    doglover5 New Member

    On Feb 27th my dogs Max and Millie became suddenly ill. I took them to the Vet and he said they had kidney failure and they had somehow been poisoned. I could not understand how this could happen because they are inside dogs. Max is a 15 yr old Chihuahua Millie is a 9yr old Papillion. After a long time in intensive care and thousands of dollars Max died on March 12, 2007 we brought Millie home on March 14th. On March 16th Menu Food announced a massive dog food recall. Our dogs were eating some of that food. Of course the problem caused by the bad food was kidney failure. During this time period my pain mangement doctor had started me on 25mg fentynal patchs and I had a very bad reaction. I don't know if it was just to the patchs or if it interacted with some of my other meds but I got extremely ill and couldn't get out of the bed. She has since changed me to Kadain(sp). Now if I had the energy I'd go to Menu Foods and give them a good old fasion Georgia A** Woopin. They are lucky I have FM. I have been soooo sad.
    I miss my little boy. Thank God Millie is ok now. I guess now I am doglover4. Sorry so long. I'm just really sad.
  2. suzette1954

    suzette1954 New Member

    My dogs eat dry food so I was very fortunate there but you just never know what is next. My beagle is all that gets me up and moving some days and Im not sure if I could handle her death. She and my sweet husband are my best friends and I go for days without talking to anyone else.

    My prayers will be with you at this terrible time!

    Suzette
  3. mujuer

    mujuer New Member

    I have been watching all kinds of stories on t.v. about how all of the animals have been dying from this food and it breaks my heart. Pets are part of the family and I feel so bad for you. You sure didn't need a reaction from your med's thru this either. I couldn't handle those patches either. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
  4. Ellie

    Ellie New Member

    I have a cat that has suddenly got sick in Feb, I did feed him some wet foods back then, at that point he was losing weight so I had him check for renal failure as I just had putten down our 15 year old cat in dec for that.
    My poor kitty is on a precription foods now, but still won't drink water, and I have to give him laxatives to go potty. The test in Feb came back normal.

    I have even had to give him Iv fluids in his neck because of refusing to eat and drink.

    This will turn your body upside down, I am so sorry for your lose, how horrible. My very thoughts and prayers are with you as I know what a toll this will take on your body, not this week but next week. Boost your immune system as much as possible.

    I am thinking there is a whole lot more coming with this food stuff.

    My we all start to feel better, or a least a day of good health. Aloha Ellie
  5. Shalala

    Shalala New Member

    I am convinced that is what killed my darling love cat Patches last September :-( . I was with her as she died and I wanted to die too. The vet couldn't see us until evening and she died at 3 pm that day. I still have her sister (sister did not like canned food) but it just sstill haunts me. I am glad Millie is ok.

  6. raspberrykisses

    raspberrykisses New Member

    I'm sorry to hear about your loss hun. I don't understand how this happened and it turns out it was a lot of different dog foods that this happened too. Maybe I'm just being paranoid but there seems to be more and more and more recalls on food items latley human and animal. It makes a person a little scared of eating anything.
  7. Crispangel66

    Crispangel66 New Member

    I so sorry I don't know how you made it through that. Your animals are like your babies if you feel anything like I do. I will pray for your spiritual healing. Here is a hug for you ((((((HUG)))))) Pam (crispangel)
  8. doglover5

    doglover5 New Member

    Thank you all sooo much for your comfortin words. It means so much to have understanding friends. I don't know what I would do without my sweet furry babies and you guys to talk to. My little babies are so intuitive they just seem to know when mommie is at her worst and needs that extra little bit of love and snuggle warmth. They don't leave my side when it is really bad. Now one spot is so empty. Thanks again guys.
  9. HRgirl

    HRgirl New Member

    If I had a card to give to you, I would give you the one that I gave my boss last week when she had to have her dog put down.

    the front has a leash on the floor and the word "Stay"

    The inside says "If only they would. Sorry for your loss"

    Huggs
    Kelley
  10. poofytail54

    poofytail54 New Member

    This is my first time here. I have a Siberian and I can relate to how most of us pet lovers feel. I truly pray that this doesn't happen again
  11. BobinGermany

    BobinGermany New Member

    I too am an animal lover (2 cats) and I don't know what I would do if I lost either of them. I will pray that God will help you through this...

    God Bless,
    Bob