Would any one know about Lymph nodes?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by debhun, Apr 22, 2007.

1. debhun

debhun New Member

My lymph node on my left side of my neck is still swollen. It is down between my neck and shoulder. it is the size of a baseball. Do you think it is okay and it is just from my shingles? I know my Dr got the ER report and the ER DR was very worried about it but the MRI people were not there. It is a MRI on wheels. So he told me to call my Dr Monday but you all know the rest of that story. Remember he wouldn't call me or give me meds for my shingles? I don't know it he read it or not.I will not call my Dr any more. I do have appt in May with him. When I have to look it up. Any help would be great.

Thank for your help
    Deb

2. debhun

debhun New Member

Any one?
  3. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

Just in case - not trying to scare you but the size sounds a bit large.

Get it checked just to be on the safe side.

Love Bunchy x
  4. debhun

debhun New Member

My dr will not see me. I have a appt in may with him. So who can do the MRI? Just go back to the ER? I am so Mad at my Dr I can spit fire. But when it come right down to it I blame the ladys up front. I really hate most of them. Their is a few I like but they don't answer the phone. The ugle lady (I think she is a lady still out on that one) does all the answering.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/22/2007]
  5. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

Debhun,

Gosh it sounds just awful, I don't know much about lympth nodes other they fight infection. I go to a massage therapist that is trained in lympth drainage...........or massage.

Call your doctor and ask them to please have the doc call or give you an appointment ASAP, if they don't you let them know you will be in their office with or without an appointment!

I am so sorry you are going through all of this......
    Cindy
  6. woofmom

woofmom New Member

When I had aspartame poisoning, the lymph in the right side of my neck stayed swollen for a year. It finally went down. I think my system was fighting and trying to get rid of the formaldehyde that aspartame turned into. Also my son had a bunch of his lymph nodes swell from trichloeoethylene when he was 4. It took about 5 years for them to finally go down. Nothing showed up on his biopsy. They said they didn't know what caused his. I figured it out about 7 years later.
  7. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

Sweetness :)

You have a major problem if you have any kind of swelling on your neck the size of a baseball. I somehow missed your post about the feud between yourself and your doctor, but you cannot let something like this interfere with you getting the proper treatment for whatever is going wrong with you.

I don't know anything about the lymph system. I found some good info today but have not had a chance to read it. Maybe that node drains your head? I would have to read about it.

You are having a crisis it seems like to me. There are at least 2 doctors that are members here and maybe they can advise? I say get to a doctor. Anyone you can see, and as soon as you can.

Good luck Deb,

Andy
  8. Chootik

Chootik New Member

HI Deb.

I have swollen lymph nodes too but much smaller.

If I was you, I would call up another Dr. and get an appt. right away and go see them!

Your Dr. sounds like an idiot and I believe me I have come across a few! You can't let him stand in teh way of you finding out what's wrong!

Go see a Dr. as soon as you can.

Good luck hon and don't worry. Whatever it is, it can be fixed :)

Chootik
  9. debhun

debhun New Member

I will go back to the ER and see if I can get this done. You all have been very helpful thank you all.

(((((((HUGS)))))))
    Deb
  10. kellyann

kellyann New Member

You need to go back to the ER right now, that swollen Lymh node means your body is fighting s heck of an infection. I would not leave the hospital until I got some clear answers as to what is wrong with you. Make someone go with you. Do not wait around for your doctor. Run to the ER NOW!!!!!!!

PLEASE let us know how you are doing!

Kellyann