would appreciate some advice

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Showers, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Showers

Showers New Member

I haven't posted for some time but still come here to read. I would appreciate some advice from people who understand.

I have had fibro now for 7 yrs and have worked part time off and on from a retail job that pays very well. Recently I have been off work for 3 month due to my fibro and back issue's. I am in pain everyday . I have to make a decision by the end of the if I am going to to return to work or not.
    I rather be working than home feeling like this everyday, but my body tells me I just can't do it.
    I hate to give my job up and than be sorry I did. But seems like when I'd work a 4 hr shift , it takes me a day or to to recover.

On weekends my husband and I take care of our 2 yr old grandchild. It take me a day or 2 to recover from that.

I guess I feel like iam not helping by not bringing in any $. My chiropractor has mentioned applying for
    Social security disability. I don't even know where to begin with that.

Thanks for taking the time for me, I appreciate it , any thoughts would be helpful.

2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Ribose is not a cure for FM/CFIDS (ME) but can supply energy to the damaged mitochondria. Dr. T says that it takes more energy to relax a muscle than to contract it. This is why a dead body is often referred to as a stiff (rigor mortis).

A nice hot epsom salt bath is cheap and your body can absorb some vital magnesium. Many infections are not heat-tolerant. Just don't get it too hot. 102°F is as hot as you want to push a fever. Don't cook the brain.

Oh, and there is a separate forum just for SS disabiltiy...there is NO overnight fix. So I would go for it.[This Message was Edited on 09/22/2009]
  3. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

The key to getting better is to find the CAUSE of your illness.

Don't settle for Dr's who tell you there is no known cause of your FMS...everything has a cause. They only give you meds to cover up the symptoms and let you suffer for the rest of your life.

Many people with FMS and CFS have found that the cause of their symptoms are chronic, undiagnosed infections.

This happened to me. I had just a FMS diagnosis for 21 years.

I did my own research and found out that I have a chronic borrelia burgdorferi infection (lyme), bartonella and babesia infections.......all tick borne infections.

99% of Dr's do not know how to recognize, test for, diagnose or treat these infections.

Lyme and other tick borne infections should never be ruled out by just a negative test, yet Dr's mistakenly do this all the time...leaving infected people undiagnosed.

There is a large list of people on the Lyme board who were initially diagnosed with FMS or CFS.

I urge you to read this paper by a lyme expert.....symptom list p 9-11.....important symptom info for coinfections p 22-27.....but please read the whole paper.....most important paper I have ever read.....sent me in the right direction for treatment by a lyme literate MD.....

I can point you to much more info if you like.

I hope you get some answers.