Would juice fasting help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by golden, Jun 7, 2006.

1. golden

golden New Member

For the problems that some of the people have, would juice fasting help? I've tried a dozen meds and seen so many doctors I'm just sick of the old thing. So I thought why not go on a juice fast and see what happens. What do you think?

Richard
  2. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

Hi Richard

You dont say what it is that you are trying to help by juice fasting.

If you are sick with CFS I would strongly advise against a juice fast. You need all the nutrients your body can get, and depriving it is a bad idea. Much better to focus on a healthy diet that is not too restrictive.

Take care
    Michelle

3. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

Hi Richard

I did a juice fast combined with a liver flush last year for five days and felt great. I would like to do it again soon, I just need to build up the discipline . . .

I don't think there would be much downside to trying it. Worse case, you just go back to solid food. How long and what kind of juice were you considering?

Maggy
  4. golden

golden New Member

I was thinking about all types of veggie and fruit juice 3 times a day with a peace of fruit or veggie because I would be a newbi and for 2 weeks. You can adjust the juice and solid foods but for 2 weeks only fruit and veggies.

Richard
  5. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

Of course there are so many views on this, but the protocal I followed was to have either fruit or veggie juice, but not to consume them at the same time. So either fruit or veggie at any sitting. I don't know it that really matters?
  6. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

there's a book called "the 3 day energy fast" that might inspire you to take the plunge. i would recommend trying a 3 dayer before attempting anything longer. as a few have mentioned, fasting is generally contraindicated in those of us with cfs, but a short fast with juice (as opposed to water) shouldn't do any harm.

you might also try just gradually introducing juicing into your existing diet. i've found that my diet has slowly and naturally become something like 50% raw foods just by incorporating juicing. also, it helps you to stick with it and make the new diet a lifetime thing rather than a quick fix.

eddie
  7. stagename

stagename New Member

not fasting- but eating only raw food. i'm sure juicing woujld be an important part of that.