Would still like to hear from FCC goers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wld285, Sep 18, 2006.

1. wld285

wld285 New Member

Hi everyone,
    Would still love to hear from experiences from people who go FCC. I go for my 2nd appoint. next Mon., and I am so hopeful of them helping me.
    Also, I don't yet understand the whole thing, but would like to know if anyone has been tested, and/or been treated for the blood clotting (I guess so nutrients can't go through your bloodstream).Does anyone have any info. about this and the treatment?
    Would be so helpful to me.
    Love you all.
  2. wld285

wld285 New Member

Probably I was tested, and wiil be going back on Mom. Is it done through blood? What is the treatment?
    Lin
  3. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I have the blood coagulation defect. I go to FFC in Detroit. People with CFS and FM tend to have this condition and it allows viruses and other bugs to hide. They gave me a supplement called lumbrokinase to take for this. If the first blood test is positive they will do another to see if you need heparin shots. Thankfully I did not, and most people dont'.

My dr did a follow up blood test and I will find out next visit if I still have to take the supplement. It is very expensive, but I get it on the web for $20 a bottle cheaper, so do a search on this before you buy!!
  4. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

I just went for my second appointment and didn't have the coagulation defect but I know of someone else going there who is also using the Lumbrokinase.

When you go in for your second appointment it's very important that you bring a tape recorder or voice recorder as it's just too much information to take in otherwise. I would recommend not buying the supplements there right away as you can get most of them off the web much cheaper and if you can't find one of them at some other site cheaper you can always order it through the FFC website.

Also, I wouldn't start all that stuff all at once but stagger it out over weeks so you can tell how you are reacting to each thing individually. I am starting out with a tiny dose of each thing and working up to full dose before starting the next thing.

Do your research too - I didn't touch any of
    it untill I had googled each thing and also searched this site to see how people had reacted to the supplement/med that they were recommending. Inform yourself as much as you can!

Good luck!

Gretchen