Would you feel halfdead just babysitting?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Oct 17, 2006.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

Wow guys! This disease is sure showing me that I have limitations!
    I feel like a huge baby because I babysat my 2 yr old nephew yesterday and He kicked my butt!! LOL
    It was suppose to be from 8 am to noon but my SIL ran
    into an emergency and called & said she'd get him by 3;00.
    I can barely move today~
    I'm in such a flare I did'nt even cook dinner for my kids.
    (10 and 14 yrs old)
    I ordered a pizza!

I'm sure glad I don't have little ones anymore :)
    A-C-T-I-V-E !!!

I need my bed early tonight
    no joke!
    just whining/venting
    Hugs
    Tandy
  2. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Yes! 2 year olds just drain all the energy out of everyone around them!

I used to make my kids have naps and they used to whine "I'm not tired" and I would reply but I am so go play quietly so I can have a nap!

hugs Redwillow
  3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

No, I can't babysit and it bothers me more than anything. I've missed a lot of time with my grandchildren because of that.

A two-year old has more energy than most well adults! Rest! Quick!

Marta
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

helps to know its normal for us to get winded by something as 'easy' as babysit. :)

take care
    it'll take days to recover from this :)
    lol

5. jole

jole Member

I too love my grandchildren more than life, but I can't babysit them until they are at least 5. By then they have a little longer attention span and can at least sit for 5 minutes. I also can't lift anymore or move quick enough for a 2-3 year old.

The pain is just unbearable when the kids leave, but sooo worth it in small doses. They are wonderful, and like Marta, what I miss the most.
  6. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

My grandson is 3 l/2 and I'm able to entertain him off and on with videos of Bob the Builder. A 2 year old needs constant entertaining.

Don't feel bad just think of the good times you spent with this little one. They grow so quickly and one of these days they'll be babysitting their aunt. Ha Ha.....that's joke. Next time see if you can arrange these babysitting jobs when your kids are home to help.
  7. horselover2

horselover2 New Member

my darling little 3 yr old is a dynamo!! i am totally wiped out by her. if we could figure a way to bottle 1/10th of her energy, i'd be cured!!!!!!!!!!!!
    its all those growing cells popping with energy. not sure if i was ever as energetic as her, even at 3.
    Anne
  8. DJGirl

DJGirl New Member

I thought I was the only one! I'm so glad I read this!

I babysit my 2yr old grandson and lately I have not been able to keep up with him! I thought I was the only one that went through that.

Most days he is such an angel and quite behaved but he has his days too and it is on those days that I just can't go on.

Thanks for sharing!
  9. Goldyfm

Goldyfm New Member

After helping out my daughter with my new grandbaby the last two weeks, I think I need the babysitter for me. Unfortunately the baby was born early and we all think she is too small to take to a daycare. Also, the delay of her immunizations because of her size gave us cause for concern being around other children. She is a small little bundle but still, I feel totally drained. thank goodness her mother works from home or I could never handle her alone.
  10. abcanada

abcanada New Member

I have 4 kids under 7 and have been experiencing an extremely BRUTAL flare for the last year and a half! My two youngest 2 1/2 and 14 months take every ounce of energy I can scrape up. Every inch of my body hurts and every day I wonder how much more I can take. Thank God they are all really good kids! And Thank God for Percocet!I love them to death and I know they help me get through this at times. I hope so. If it weren't for them I'd have nothing to get my mind off this horrible pain, no reason to get up in the morning.