Would you please pray for my recovery?

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by pepper, Oct 26, 2006.

1. pepper

pepper New Member

I have been busy and stressed for the last week although I did manage to get on the board and read your posts and pray a few times. After my SIL died, my DH drove 12 hrs each way for her funeral and came home on Sunday with another sister.

His brother flew up from Atlanta and the family all gathered (here!) on Monday for the burial of her ashes.

Needless to say I have been extremely stressed and anxious with all the noise and confusion and emotions all around. They are a very noisy bunch! All very nice - but growing up in a family of 11 must make people very loud.

On top of that I had to help my sister with my elderly aunt who had another fall. We are her only family here and had to intervene with the hospital and doctors.

It all hit me last night but I wanted to make sure that I got on here to have my prayers lined up for 11 p.m.

Now I hope that our lives will start getting back to "normal" and my DH can concentrate on his job search. Sadly he missed two interviews because of his sister's death and I don't know if he will get another chance. Please pray that he does!

Thank you all. I missed you guys and will read your posts before Prayer time. Just thought I would say hello and update you all.

(((HUGS)))Pepper
    [This Message was Edited on 10/27/2006]
  2. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Glad you are back sweetie. I pray your husband gets another crack at the interviews. Your plate has been totally full and you must feel maxed to the limit. Prayers for you and yours.
  3. windblade

windblade Active Member

Thanks for being here when you're dealing with so much! Praying for you to be able to get some rest now. And for your husband's job possibilities.

God Bless,
    Judy
  4. pepper

pepper New Member

Asatrump, maxed to the limit about describes how I have been feeling lately. It seems that my DH will get a crack at one of the job interviews next week. Believe it or not, these were his first real interviews and they were both scheduled for the time he had to be away. Bad timing.

Tigress11, stress is absolutely the worse thing for me too. I am trying to calm down after all this and "let go and let God" find DH a job. Easier said than done! I hope you are right and a job comes his way soon. I appreciate your prayers.

Judy, when my house was full, I actually came online a few times - right to the Worship Board - because I feel so peaceful here. This board has been such a gift for me. Quite frankly, when I came on board last night to get my prayers ready, I was in agony. I was trying not to cry as I prayed. I swear that 2 min. after finishing the prayers the pain was almost gone! It has been much better ever since. This board gives me so much! I am so happy to have this place to come to!

Thanks to you all.
    (((HUGS)))Pepper
  5. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I pray that you continue to relax and can feel better... and your hubby gets a job soon.

I read this and was thinking ahead of Thanksgiving. Our second son and family will be here for the Holiday... and as much as I want to be with them...I sort of dread it. That sounds terrible, I know, but my nerves are so VERY sensitive. I can't stand ANY loud noise, lights, smells, etc. I pray for strength. I know that they can't understand.
    I was feeling what you must have went through!

Love....Mari
  6. caffey

caffey New Member

Father could You please come and be in the middle of the circumstances in Pepper's life. Please bring order out of what seems to be a chaotic situation. Please bring Your peace to all those involved in this situation. Please help them to see some good in this. Please bring peace to Pepper's body. Please ease the pain and discomfort. Please comfort her husband and I ask could You please open a door for him for employment. Something that would make him so happy and at a fair wage. Thank you for what You are going to do. In Jesus Name Amen.
    Cath
  7. tlayne

tlayne Member

I will speak your name before our Lord. I lift you and your husband before our Lords mighty throne. JESUS bring healing, comfort, peace, and answered prayers. In your Holy name, JESUS. Amen
  8. pepper

pepper New Member

Tlayne and Cath, thank you so much for the beautiful prayers! You both have such a gift for expressing our needs to the Lord.

Mari, I can so relate to your worries about Thanksgiving. We have already had our Thanksgiving here in Canada - 3 wks ago. I did not want to have any dinner here but my DH insisted because we see my son and his wife so rarely.

I left my DH in charge of the entire dinner except for the pumpkin pie which I made the day ahead. Before I got sick, my DH's cooking consisted of omelettes and calling up for pizza. But he made the entire meal with help from my son and DIL at the end.

Even with all this "help" (they actually did it all), I was unbelievably stressed. I ended up spending the entire day except for the dinner lying on the couch. The stress of having them here was just too much for me!

My sister and elderly aunt are usually invited but I just couldn't handle another layer of stress so we didn't invite them. I felt badly about that but knew that it would probably send me over the edge if they came.

All this to say - I sure do know how you feel! I hope that you get lots of help making the dinner. Can anyone take over for you?

(((HUGS)))Pepper
  9. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

and praying that your husband get's those interviews back.Linda
  10. pepper

pepper New Member

I appreciate your good wishes and your prayers.

(((HUGS)))
    Pepper