Wouldn't it be neat to have a fibromyalgia/cfs reunion all meet

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Jul 23, 2006.

1. I was reading the post on what we could do if we could one day and it got me to thinking . I think wouldn't it be neat, if all of us meeting in a central location would be fun!
  2. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I think it would be wonderful!!! I must agree with haleycole; the grocery store does me in as well.

However, after coming here, almost everyday, this is beginning to feel like a 2nd home to me. I know this may sound unreal to some but I really do not have much of a life. Grown child, no grandbabies, and no hubby. I actually believe I would do my best to make arrangements to meet everyone; after all, I've learned so much from you all.

Great idea, Fibrobutterfly,

BlueSky555
  3. findmind

findmind New Member

Someone else had mentioned this a while back, and I laughed myself silly!

While I would love it, I can't imagine us all together...we are such chatterboxes, and would exhaust each other within a few hours!

But wouldn't it be fun? We could have two meeting rooms for "round table(s)" gabfest. One would be for the sleepers on the 4 a.m. to noon sleep schedule, and one for the lucky "normals" who actually get to bed by 1 am! HA

We could have a "topic" list and have 5-6 tables for each topic, so people could choose which one they want to sit at. If everyone wants the same table, we could do 30 min. per table and switch to another one!

How about a dance? We could sit in chairs and move to the music, LOL.

How about food? A wonderful dinner with someone waiting on US, hand and foot....ah, delightful; I'm the cook here, so love to be waited on!

We'd have to bring our earplugs so anyone who doesn't want to gab and hear music, but does want to be around everyone else, they could just 'Plug Out' and sit with everyone else.

I hope the day comes soon that we can actually plan something like this. I'd make every effort to help make it happen. Maybe ProHealth could plan it and make it a safe situation for us?

Ah, dream on....
    There's always hope!
    findmind
  4. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

... I grant everyone in attendance perfect health for one week. (I can do that, can't I?) lol Great idea, fibrobutterfly. I guess we're all kind of meeting here every day, and I'm very glad that we do.

5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Love to meet you all but I'd never make it. It's all I can do to get a few errands done each week.

Marta
  6. But that would be a good idea, meet in Washington D.C. and picket out front of the white house . Alot of good it would do. But I am with most of you, going to the grocery store wipes me out, actually I have done nothing today and am wiped out all day.
  7. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Oh ,I would love to meet you all! I live about 45 min from the White House but we hope to be moving soon. We are getting everything in boxes already.

I think I'd picket with you and all of us in CFS/FM Uniforms, Our PJ's of course. We could go to the Capital Building and fall asleep in Congress just like they do.

If I go up and hold up the sign what do you want it to say?And will you bail me out when I'm arrested?
    [This Message was Edited on 07/23/2006]
  8. ksp56

ksp56 Member

An online breast cancer board, I was a member of, did have a reunion. It was in Vegas and we had a blast!

Some of us were newly recovering, others were actively dying, and there were the old timers, who we all worshiped!

Two women, who I had a special online bond, attended and we met. It was a wonderful moment. They both died very soon after going home. What a blessing God gave us, to be able to say hello and we'll meet again..

We did talk non-stop! Laughed till we cried. People wondered what our group was and we said BC Survivors!Of course they were all shocked...some left right away! Sound familiar? LOL

Even our husbands, boyfriends, significant others, etc., had a wonderful time.

I pray for all of you, that this can someday be possible. This DD robs a person, of so much...

Hugs,

Kim
  9. Crickie

Crickie New Member

What a great idea! I would be happy to march on the front lawn in my PJ's, be arrested, and spend the next month recovering! It would be worth it to meet everone and to hopefully bring some attention to this crud we live with everyday! PJ's...the press would eat it up wouldn't they?
    So funny and great idea!
    Thanks ~
    Chrisi