Wow I just saw a UFP

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 4everkid, Mar 10, 2008.

1. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

That was no typo.

I was sitting outside watching my dog run laps across the yard. It's a beautiful day- sunny, still, mild. I glance to the right and see what looks like a piece of paper or something falling from the sky above an empty field across the street. I got up, looked around, and saw nothing else in the sky - no large birds, or flying paperboys.
    It looked like heavier paper, like the stuff used on spiral notebook covers, judging by the way it fell. It dipped back and forth as it fell toward the ground, like paper would. It was above treetop level when I first saw it, with nothing nearby that could have released it. Hmmmmmm.

So I guess you would call that an unidentified falling paper...UFP.

If I was able to, I would walk over there and see if I could find it, just in case it was a message from above, to me. But I guess I will just chalk it up as another unexplained weird thing.

I will assume a bird picked it up, then discarded it, or it fell from a plane....

Anyone else here ever seen anything unexplained before?
  2. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

Probably just something from the briefcase of that falling guy on your bio page:)

Guess the weirdest thing I've seen was the sun rising, then sinking out of sight, and rising again. 'course I'd been up all night. Other people saw it, though they'd been up all night also. Probably happens every year at same spot.

Maybe something to do with the mountain range, earth rotation,etc.
    Still, very wierd.

[This Message was Edited on 03/10/2008]
  3. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Wow MadSci, I hadn't even thought of a floating man being the source! That should have been my first suspicion!

You crack me up!

That rising sun replay is pretty strange. I have never heard of that before.

I saw a strange thing once. I was on the highway headed north, and looking east. It was late in the day. I saw what looked like how a child would draw a sunset: white "rays" that came from a point on the horizon and spread out across the entire sky. But this was on the opposite side of the sky from where the sun was setting. Very odd. Many, many years later, I found it in a book. What I had seen were "anti-crepuscular rays." They look like this:

Maybe there is a website somewhere that explains the rising/falling/rising sun phenomenon you saw. Maybe some kind of atmospheric illusion or something? Well, what do I know, YOU'RE the Mad Scientist.
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Trust MrMad to figure it out.

I was going to speculate the paper fell from a UFO which would make it a UFO-UFP. In which case watch for Mulder and Skully.

I checked out the sun's rays picture. Very cool.

(I thought "crepuscular" was something to w/ old folks and their veins.)

5. ckball

ckball New Member

Wow that is kinda of cool I like Mads version, isn't it odd it happened after you posted your pic?

In the early 90's I was with my fiance at a lake we fished at alot, we had a small boat and fished at night in the summer.

We had just got there and was getting everything together and something with green flashing lights flew by across the lake and was gone as as fast it came. We both looked at each other and said "did you see that" at the same time.

Never heard anything on the news but we both saw it and no sound, just the green lights.

Could your paper be something that was sucked up into the atomsphere by a storm or tornado and then flitered down? Can you send one of the kids over to look for it? It would be curious to see what it is.

Of course we are not meant to uderstand all the strange occurances in this world and this may remain a mystery to share for years to come. Carla

6. laceymae

laceymae New Member

That was your invite to our 200th porch

7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Maybe it was one of those "tax rebate" checks that are supposed to arrive sometime in the future.

8. laceymae

laceymae New Member

Let's hope those checks aren't rubber...they'll bounce all the way back to Washingtonville.

9. therealmadscientist

Amazing the theories that can come up here. Must be our unique experiences and thought patterns(plaid?).

I'm still working on an explanation for the double sunrise. Maybe something about the mountains being different distances away.

Oh, what made the double sunrise especially memorable was that drumming group of about 20 people was nearby.
    A crescendo was reached (and cheering,etc) when the disc of the sun cleared the horizon.

Then the sun drifted down below horizon and everyone got all excited again and another crescendo of drums occurred when it rose.
    (This was at a Burning Man event, of course, where seeing incredulous things not that unusual:)

If I have the strength and will, I may make it out again this summer and observe, find out more. I may ask one theme camp, the Irrational Geographic group, for an explanation. Maybe the drummers know something.

Most likely the observation will remain one of those unraveled threads in the tapestry of life.

The crepuscular thing interesting. Maybe someday I'll be able to point out anti-crepuscular rays to someone and impress them:)

I did see something else out in desert that was strange....but I assumed that explained by Arora Borealis. Anyway, a bunch of people were watching the glow of the sunrise, when I suddenly realized that the sun didn't rise in the North where the light was coming from, but to East.

I understand that the native Paiute Indians aren't too impressed by weird sights, they just shrug shoulders and agree that that, yes, yes, there are some strange sights.

One theory I have considered is that Area 51 is just a red herring and the real experiments are going on in Northern Nevada. Cheers, your Mr Bill.

[This Message was Edited on 03/11/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 03/11/2008]
  10. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Rcok, actually those rays are also called anti-solar rays...much easier to remember. If there is any chance that was my rebate check, I better go out and fetch it. It would be just like the IRS to make us have to go out and hunt for the thing.

Carla, there wasn't even any breeze that day. But maybe it could have got sucked up far away, and carried in some upper wind current or something.
    It sounds like you really had a brush with the unexplained! Were you scared or creeped out or anything? I saw a UFO once, and found it to be very awesome and exciting.

MadScientist - Sometimes, there is no explanation. As smart as we humans have become, we still don't understand everything.
    Now that you mention the drumming crescendo, the spirit of the crowd, the Burning Man event....I cant help but think this is going to turn out to have a more spiritual explanation than a scientific one. Sounds like a lot of positive energy was being generated out there in the desert. I hope you do get a chance to return and ask questions. It would be interesting to hear if the locals have heard of this before.

Sounds like an amazing and unforgettable experience!

And that sunrise that wasn't really a sunrise...doesn't sound much like the aurora either. Unexplained lights and other things in the sky are becoming less and less unusual as time passes, it seems.

11. therealmadscientist

Very sorry to hear about your Skippy. Don't know, sometimes seems more care, the more hurts. Does sound like Skippy had a very wonderful life with you and your family. May seem odd, but at BM, one of "big events" is the Temple of Remembrance and mourning.

Yes, has been fun for me, many people, BM, though not too sure how much longer my liver can handle it, the "spirits". Guess there may be a smaller event near Las Vegas, Darkskies, this summer.

Oh, maybe I won't say too much about anti-solar rays, crepuscular lights, green flashing flying objects, and glowing sunrises. Nor false sunrises. I think my therapist has enough to worry about already:) Cheers, your mr Bill

Oh, better hurry on the IRS check. Probably won't bounce now, but next month, who knows.

[This Message was Edited on 03/12/2008]