WOW I thought talking backwards was bad....Do U Do this 2?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by achy, Sep 21, 2003.

1. achy

achy New Member

I used to type 60-80WPM. Now i'm licky to get 20WPM. And when I stop typing a sentance and go back to read it it's hilarious. I'm typing backa$$wards just like I talk!! I reverse the same letters almost every time. Or I get typing good (I think) but when i go back it's all gobbldy gook.
    so then I go back and fix my mistakes, but loose my line of thought...
    Oh well,,,at least I am consistent in speach and prose....

You too??

Warm fuzzies
    Achy
  2. bitter-sweet

bitter-sweet New Member

I can still type pretty fast, but I feel so unsure of myself. Often I have had weird words come out of my mouth, so now I try to talk slower.
  3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Achy,

I recently told my husband that I've become a dyslectic typist! Absolutely makes me NUTS, more so than usual. I'm continually backing up, finding words and sentences that make no sense. The worst part, is not be able to spell anymore. I've always done well in that area..... no more! It is very, very frustrating!

Mind seems as if it has short circuited! I think in the same jumbled way, and feel like I talk in 'word salad' fashion!

I am sure there are many who feel this way!

Hugs,

Kim
  4. achy

achy New Member

I can't spell anymoe either! When I was in grammer school I was the top student in English, reading & spelling....I had even won a spelling bee.
    When I was working everybody in the office would ask ME how to spell something. Now I can't remember how to spell the simplist words sometimes. Makes me feel like an idiot.

Geuss it could be worse.......
    Warm fuzzies
    Achy
  5. fullarmor

fullarmor New Member

I can't type anymore either. I can if i go real slow, but even then when i go back there are so many mistakes. At my old job we typed a lot and the info got saved into the computer. When i"d go back later and read the files, woo, it hardly made any sense! very embarrassing! oh well, now i don't have to type much, except here, and i know everyone here understands. :)
    fullarmor
  6. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

So far, I'm doing pretty well with the typing. My spelling has gone to H*** as well and when I proof read - if I take the time - I often find that I've missed a word here and there, but mostly it's ok. I think most of my mistakes are the ones I always made - trying to type as fast as I think. I love to type and write long letters (hate to talk on the phone) so if my typing goes I'll be really upset.

The difficulty speaking is bad enough. I had to give up my newspaper job because interviewing people was just too embarrassing and the stress was getting to me.

JoAnn
  7. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

it drives me nuts.I feel like I have alzheimers.LOL.
  8. jyl

jyl Member

It drives me crazy! I still work full time and almost all I do is take minutes at meetings and type them up. I can no longer spell and it takes twice as long to type because I reverse letters and leave out words. I agree, "Thank God for spell check".

jyl
  9. katiefrancis

katiefrancis New Member

I just got to this site to see about a meeting in Chicago , to find where and when. Now I discovered why I asked my nephew if he wanted Boneless, skinless, chickenless , chicken and scrambled potatoes. At first I thought it was funny but I'm mixing up so many words it's starting to get scarry. I'll have to read more at this board. Also if anyone knows about the meeting on cfids in Chgo I think Oct. please let me know Thanks, Katie
  10. julie1946

julie1946 New Member

Besides speech being garbled I frequently say the opposite of want I intend--up/down/in/out/ black/white good/ bad you get the picture. Sometimes I think I am an absolute riot when I talk better than giving in to the tears of fear and frustration.