Wow - it's especially quiet on PH these days...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, Nov 12, 2009.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

both here this board and the main one....

usually it's at holiday times or summer.

Is it because the colder weather in most places is making people feel worse, I wonder?

Or just the natural rhythm of the board... can't be holidaze yet, can it? Thanksgiving (US) is still 2 weeks away.

(Then again it would take me that long to clean house, keep it clean, and start making things to freeze ahead of time if I were preparing for that (TG a friend is inviting us!:))

I am trying to figure out an alternative Christmas decoration other than a tree. They're selling fake ones (very hard to buy a real one even if I wanted to), but at too high prices compared to US imho.... Sigh, i saved a few ornaments that had meaning to me from past years - Husband doesn't care, only our son is visiting for the holiday and he doesn't really either, LOL, but I still love trees/ornaments. It was fun making stuff with them when my kids were little. Wish I had the energy to volunteer with some of the kids locally.

Sorry, I digressed from talking about now-- to Thanksgiving-- to Christmas! (only 43 days from now in case you're counting... LOL)

Hope everyone is ok and just busy with other things or at least enjoying fall weather & sights!

all the best,

2. jole

jole Member

Just no energy here..........
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

I feel the same way generally... making holiday meals are extremely simple not only because of lack of energy, but because my family is so small now. Down from 12-14 at Christmas to maybe 3...

I wonder if it's just 'us' who feel that way about the holidays, or if it's extending to the general population as a whole even if the economy were not bad... I'm supposing it is a result of illness for us &/or less disposable income for everyone... there's enough stress in everyday life without getting stress over holidays. I do welcome the (perceived, tho maybe not real) changes in attitude tho.

re too many boards... even PH here has split it into many even tho they really overlap, found that out by posting at the thyroid board and finding it showing up on the main board.

But don't leave... I'm sure there's more than me who want to keep up with what you're doing!

all the best,

4. gapsych

gapsych New Member

What I did after my daughters graduated from high school is buy a sturdy plant and put lights on it. I have another friend who buys a live, but small evergreen and then plants it in her yard or someplace else.

Hopefully others will have ideas as it sounds like you want to get away from trees. That sounds wierd doesn't it?

"Step away from the trees!!!'

5. victoria

victoria New Member

just looking for something easy. I wish I'd brought my fake tree, I'd wired it up permanently with those icy looking twigs and such from Michaels' a few years ago, it would've been so easy to just put it up and voila! I used to use cards and put them on as decorations when I wasn't up to it - cards take up a LOT of room and you don't need many - good because I no longer get many. TG because I don't send many either LOL. Only to a few 'oldies' who are not on internet.

I like crafting tho... just dont' have much room right now to do anything.

Hmmm, even Facebook is extremely quiet. maybe everybody's going into hibernation early with the shorter days?

6. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Last night I put a new post on this board and it ended up on the health board. I thought it was because I was tired. This was the first time this has happened.

Strains from the "Twilight Zone" playing in the background.

ETA I just realized it is Friday the 13th and I believe it was after midnight when I wrote it. Think I will crawl into bed, put the covers over my head and stay there until tomorrow and I am not even superstitious. Yikes!!

Take care, no I mean really take care.

gap[This Message was Edited on 11/13/2009]
  7. mysticbrit

mysticbrit New Member

I've been noticing the same trend. For me it's partly the weather, the more fluctuations of weather patterns the unhappier my body becomes.

Also, other than this board, the others have gotten way too militant for this weakened soul to confront.

It will be such a change for you and your family to celebrate the holiday season in Mexico. However, just picturing you in your sun laden environment makes me feel better.

I'd be happy to send you one of our fake trees if that would help. We went the "real" tree for many years and little by little have lowered our requirements - LOL. Our first fake one was a regular size, which we used a couple of years. Then we decided that was too much work and 2 years ago bought a table-top cutie. Last year we put her away with lights & most ornaments still attached. Perhaps she'll do use a great favor and extract herself from her coverings, hike upstairs, and plant herself on our table in front of our living room window.

Wishing you a great (and painfree) holiday season.

8. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

Myself, just not very "expansive". Maybe hibernation. Have had could and cough for a week........just a phase. I don't go on to any other boards.

May be a Christmas tree could be made up of bird seed and corn......might be fun to watch the birds on Christmas day.

A small sequoia tree always has possibilities. There are about five in town that are about a hundred years old and with 15 foot diameter trunks. A gift that can make a long term difference!
    [This Message was Edited on 11/16/2009]
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Haven't been online much at all, here or at the other site. I've been working a lot and very tired. I'm sure Christmas will still be wonderful for all of you, with or without decorations.

I'm here to order some Nattokinase and decided to stop in. Sending hugs and prayers your way.

Love, Mikie