Wow, my life has changed!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by clementyne, Sep 30, 2012.

1. clementyne

clementyne New Member

I haven't dropped by for months. I know I told you all that my sister was dx'ed with Early Onset Alzheimer's - which by the way, my mother also has. My FIL has Alzheimer's also, though not EO.

My sister has progressed quickly(though she has good & bad days)& while she is still cognizant, she has her moments! Some days she will call me 6/7 times telling me the same story except that the ending is different every time. She is no longer able to drive or go anywhere on her own. That means I am the one to take her where she needs to go through the week so that her husband doesn't have to leave work.

God has a way of working things out for us & I find myself without a job all of a sudden. I owned my own childcare/preschool for many years but as my fibro progressed, I chose to close my business & just watch a few kids. For the last 5yrs I have been watching my DH's great niece & nephew. With no notice, I was out of a job. Our niece bought a house in another town about 30 minutes away & the kids have been put into a preschool by their new home. I totally get that~ but was very hurt that I didn't get to say goodbye to them.

Of course, the Fibro kicked up & I have been in more pain than I have been in since I started taking Savella nearly a yr ago. Still, I have a plan! Last week, I cleaned out all the cupboards in my kitchen and while I'm not all the way done yet, I intend to get my house in order and I feel really good about that. It may take me a while to get it done but I have a lightness of spirit that I haven't had in a long, long time!

I hope you all are well and your flares are few!
    Be Blessed!
  2. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Sorry you lost your job but I really admire your spirit. You seem to be able to make the best of bad situations, that's a wonderful quality.

I hope you get to see the kids again, I know you must miss them.

It's really a tough thing to have to go through the family illnesses. It's hard on the person who's ill and all the family members. I hope your sister, mother, and FIL do well.

Don't over do in your cleaning. lol GB66